System Support Specialist II at D.R. Horton, Inc.
Posted in Information Technology 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Austin, Texas
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Systems Support Specialist II for their Financial Services Information Technology Department. The right candidate will assist in problem resolution, provides support and user guidance. The System Support Specialist Level II provides guidance and support to Level I Support Specialist and assists where needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Resolve issues involving script errors. When necessary route to appropriate programmer or analyst
- Resolve report issues. When necessary route to appropriate programmer or analyst
- Resolve DU/LP input errors, connectivity and training issues
- Resolve loan input errors, fees, initial input errors, credit update, MCAW and others
- Resolve connectivity issues related to credit reports and DU/LP
- Provide assistance with Web application imports
- Resolve basic printing issues.
- Logs and documents problems and associated resolutions in the Remedy tracking system
- May assist in the testing of upcoming system enhancements before the enhancements are released to the subscriber community
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Not essential, however any mortgage related, computer or IT certificate is beneficial.
- Must have the ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical expertise. Must have a zeal for customer service excellence. Must also be knowledgeable of PC applications such as MS Office. Must have at least six months experience as a Loan Processor or Loan Closer working with an automated Loan Origination system.