Staff Accountant at American College of Radiology
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Reston, Virginia
Founded in 1923, the American College of Radiology® is at the forefront of radiology evolution, representing nearly 40,000 radiologists, radiation oncologists, nuclear medicine physicians and medical physicists.We are seeking energetic and innovative individuals to further reinforce our core purpose of serving patients and society by empowering members to advance the practice, science and professions of radiological care.
If you share our core values of: Leadership • Integrity • Quality • Innovation, we want you on our team!
The Accountant is responsible for supporting the monthly accounting for seven managed societies. They support the Senior Accountant and report directly to the Controller. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, a proactive approach, experience working directly with business clients, ability to meet deadlines, strong attention to detail, and the ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction to accomplish assigned tasks. This is a temporary, three (3) months role.
- Prepare standard journal entries and any reconciling entries as needed
- Prepares account reconciliations
- Provide supporting analysis and prepare ad-hoc reporting as requested
- Improve financial processes and procedures to allow transparency for financial report users
- Prepare all requested audit and tax schedules
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, society contract, and other pertinent guidance affecting the societies
- Support weekly processing of society invoices
- Other duties as assigned
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance ; CPA a plus
- 3 + years of corporate accounting experience
- Advance Excel skills (pivots, nested formulas, etc.)
- Experience with ERP systems, GP preferred
- Strong analytical skills necessary to compile and analyze data, and develop impactful financial reports
- Team player with strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to direct others in order to obtain desired results
- Ability to identify and drive improvements to existing process/systems
- Attention to detail and ability to pro-actively manage their own work streams as needed
- Demonstrated technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous interaction with (or as) internal / external auditors required
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
ACR offers a rewarding employee experience: innovative culture, professional growth potential, competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package, including a defined contribution pension plan, 403(b); generous paid time off package; insurance plans with the leading providers; flexible spending; tuition reimbursement; training opportunities; and wellness reimbursement.