Sr Manager, SRA Compliance and Innovation at The Coca-Cola Company
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Posting End Date:March 19, 2018
Job Profile:30021926 - Manager SRA II
Company:0101 Coca-Cola North America
Open for Referrals:
Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It’s an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company’s flagship market. We’re accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do – whether we’re innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we’re collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we’re returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people – with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace – are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The SRA Senior Manager will ensure compliance by providing scientific and regulatory expertise for the CCNA portfolio. The role be required to partner strategically with the business to provide thought leadership to create an enabling regulatory environment and enable business growth (R&D, innovation, M&A, etc.) by bringing solutions to address regulatory and policy risks, and identify opportunities.
Function Specific Activities:
Directs and monitors SRA activities so the organization has the permits, licenses and certificates needed to conduct its current and future business activities; oversees the most difficult or large application processes; develops plans and cost estimates; monitors regulatory; maintains positive relationships with government agencies and other regulatory authorities; represents the organization in matters before regulatory or industry standards agencies. Managing teams with focus on policy and strategy implementation and control rather than development; short-term operational/tactical responsibilities.
- Enable growth as a SRA business partner for innovation projects, represent SRA function in charters, and act as SRA interface with innovation teams.
- Guide development of a risk assessment and guidance strategy for the SRA function that enables growth and ensures stewardship of our brands and company.
- Identify best practices and help guide automation and enhanced efficiency of SRA compliance processes.
- Partner with brand team, R&D, and legal in development of claims and communications that are truthful, scientifically substantiated and translated into consumer language.
- Actively participate in relevant industry and scientific organizations to advocate for company positions, and establish strategic relationships and networks with key stakeholders.
- Provide scientific and regulatory expertise as requested during business negotiations, acquisition projects or incidents involving products/ingredients.
- Regulatory Knowledge: Knowledge of local food regulations and policies, and their impact to our business. Ability to effectively leverage sources of regulatory information and transform them in ways that can be utilized for enabling innovation.
- Regulatory Compliance Processes: Knowledge of SRA-related compliance processes related to ingredients, products, packaging, claims and communications. Ability to identify best practices for compliance processes, and implement tools and enhancements to guide the automation and optimization of these processes.
- Nutrition and Labelling knowledge: Knowledge base to support beverage nutrition innovation (e.g., claims substantiation, standards of identity, nutrient bioavailability, product matrix, relevant guidelines and policies regarding ingredients)
- SRA Governance: Understanding of risk areas that need to be mitigated through policies and requirements. Knowledge of BU SRA work and how governance is applied, as well as understanding of how other internal stakeholders can execute those requirements.
- Claims and Communication Substantiation: Understanding of complexities and controversies related to our portfolio and how foods and nutrients impact maintenance of health, non-communicable diseases and consumer perception. Knowledge of legal/regulatory principles needed to avoid misleading claims.
Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or Nutrition or related science background. Graduate degree preferred.
Minimum of 7 years in a similar or related role in industry, government, or trade association.
Education:Bachelors Degree or University (Required), Masters Degree or Post Graduate
Years of Experience:7-10 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.