Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Riley, Kansas
Cubic Global Defense
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Applicant selected will supervise up to 5-7 laborers and maintain grounds of industrial, commercial or public property such as buildings, camp and picnic grounds, parks, playgrounds, greenhouses, and athletic fields, and repairs structures and equipment, performing one or more of the following tasks:
* Cuts grass, using walking-type or riding mowers (less than 2000 lbs.)
* Trims hedges and edges around walks, flower beds, and wells, using hedge trimmers, clippers and edging tools
* Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth, using shears and other hand tools
* Sprays lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer or insecticide
* Plants grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs
* Waters lawn and shrubs during dry periods, using hose or activating sprinkler system
* Picks up and burns or carts away leaves, paper or other litter.
* Removes snow from walks, driveways, roads, or parking lots, using shovel and snow blower
* Spreads salt on walkways and other areas
* Repairs and paints fences, gates, benches, tables, guardrails, and outbuildings
* Assists in repair of roads, walks, buildings, and mechanical equipment
* May clean comfort stations, office and workshop areas, and parking lots by sweeping, washing, mopping and polishing
* Prior experience as a lead laborer, grounds maintenance preferred
* Must possess strong interpersonal skills
* Must be familiar with the correct use of power tools and equipment
* Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions to include:
- Intense Heat
- Heavy Wind
- Heavy Rain
- Snow or Sleet
* Must be able to lift 75 pounds
* Must possess a valid driver's license
* Subject to random drug testing
* High School diploma or equivalent preferred
* Demonstrated understanding of Safety and OSHA Law & Regulations
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.