Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Java UI Developer
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government's critical systems.
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Java UI Developers interested in joining our team and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
* U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
* Must be able to successfully complete a government security investigation (CBP BI).
* Must have a DoD Secret Clearance or be eligible to obtain one.
* BS degree in related technical field
* 5 + years experience in required skills in the following areas; may have more overall IT experience:
* UI application development using mapping technologies such as Cesium, Leaflet, Google Maps, and D3.JS
* Tomcat or WebLogic
* Experience working with Oracle Databases
* Experience with Front End Testing frameworks such as Karma, Jasmine, and WebDriver
* Demonstrated expertise with Java, Java Frameworks (JSF, SpringMVC, etc.), Object-Oriented Design, and Java Application Servers such as WebLogic or WebSphere, and relational databases such as Oracle or DB2
* Experience with Front End Build Tools such as Gulp, Webpack, NPM, Bower, or Grunt
* Demonstrated expertise in software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, design patterns, continuous integration)
* Minimum 3+ years of Java user-interface application development experience
* Code (preferably Java but will accept any language) and writing samples may be requested
Position Desired Skills:
* Working knowledge of CSS/SASS/LESS and mobile application development
* Experience with Git
* Agile Experience or Training a plus
* First-hand experience working with large project teams (working with the Federal Government a strong plus)
* Demonstrated interest in new, open source technologies
* Demonstrated leadership of large-scale software engineering projects a strong plus
* Service Oriented Architecture design and development experience
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com .
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.