Patient Care Technician - Mother Baby Unit at Virtua
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Mount Holly, New Jersey
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN - MOTHER BABY UNIT
JOB ID 1047486 TYPE Employee - Part Time LOCATION Mount Holly STANDARD HOURS 24
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse/and or LPN, assists with patients activities of daily living and plan of care.
Communicates with and supports healthcare team, patients and/or patient s family or significant other(s).
Maintains and demonstrates high standards of professional ethics.
* Supports the activities of daily living to include bathing, dressing, grooming, oral care, feeding, toileting/hygiene, and assisting with mobility and transport. Demonstrates standard precautions including the care of patients in isolation and safe patient practice.
* Performs technical duties as directed by RN/LPN, such as phlebotomy, vital signs, point of care testing, EKGs, bladder scanning, foley catheter care specific to population served and documents appropriately.
* Identifies and communicates changes in patient s status to RN/LPN and responds appropriately. Demonstrates standard precautions including the care of patients in isolation and safe patient practice.
* Reinforces education of patient and family/responsible party regarding individual care needs and safety issues.
* Participates in Virtua patient satisfaction initiatives and goals. Participates in the performance improvement activities. Assists in orientation of new hires.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Demonstrates required knowledge of basic patient care skills, procedures and standards.
Must have strong communication skills.
High School Diploma or Grade Equivalent Diploma (GED) required.
Must have successfully completed a PCT (or equivalent) course or completion of a fundamentals nursing course in an RN program.
Enhances skills through on-going education and training.
Maintains regulatory and departmental level competencies.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Virtua is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with respect to hiring, compensation, promotion, firing or any other term or condition of employment. Employees will be selected based on qualifications, and without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, ancestry, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information and military service.