Corporate Engineering - Resident Project Engineer ∞* (Red Wing, MN) at 3M
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Red Wing, Minnesota
3M is seeking a Project Engineer for the Corporate Engineering Group located in Red Wing, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for this position will be responsible for managing capital investment projects in support of Personal Safety Division Engineering manufacturing facilities. Approximately 50% of this support will be for projects in Red Wing, MN with the remainder being other US facilities.
A resident project engineer uses engineering knowledge and skills as a leader of cross functional teams to define the scope, cost and schedule for capital investment projects which support 3M’s global manufacturing and research efforts. A resident project engineer also participates in cost reduction, quality improvements, new process and technology development programs, Lean Six Sigma and safety related activities.
We are proud to offer a culture with high levels of team work, collaboration, and cooperation. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved with numerous 3M manufacturing processes, equipment and techniques.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage project timelines and budgets for assigned projects
- Successfully interact with multiple discipline teams including 3M plant personnel, consultants and suppliers
- Specify equipment performance and design criteria
- Estimate capital equipment and installation costs
- Define and execute competitive bidding strategy
- Oversee plant equipment layout and design
- Coordinate construction activity
- Lead equipment commissioning
- Protect 3M intellectual property
- Communicate effectively to project team, facility staff and project owners
- Gain understanding of applicable codes and guidelines to insure designs meet standards
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of project management experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- 5+ years of hands on experience designing, specifying, debugging, and commissioning custom equipment
- Successfully interact with cross-functional teams including 3M plant personnel, consultants and suppliers
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited program
- History of successful execution of projects including final machine performance in the factory
- Comfortable communicating with colleagues in all functions including equipment fabricators, assemblers, and maintenance
- Ability to effectively present project plans to senior management
- Team player with the ability to contribute in a matrix environment
- Protect 3M intellectual property
Location: Red Wing, MN
Travel: May include up to 30% domestic/international
Relocation: Relocation is not authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
See job description.