Director, IT Disaster Recovery at BOK Financial Corporation
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Req ID: 46901
Areas of Interest: Information Security; Infrastructure
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .
The Director, IT Disaster Recovery demonstrates expertise and proven leadership capabilities related to operations assurance in the areas of technology continuity, resiliency and related governance processes. This position leads the Information Technology Disaster Recovery Program vision, strategy, recovery architecture and supporting documented processes. This position develops and executes an annual disaster recovery plan, to include testing and training, and ensures integration of those plans with business continuity practices and processes. Closely partners with the Business Continuity Office (BCO) to develop a risk-based technology service continuity strategy; assists with assessing technology service continuity risks, processes and controls; ensures the information technology disaster recovery strategy meets business-driven RTO(s) and RPO(s) as defined by Business Impact Analysis of critical business functions. This position provides leadership and mentoring to the IT Disaster Recovery function for the enterprise. This individual also provides thought leadership for strategies impacting not only future Disaster Recovery operations but also the bank s overall IT architecture.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Strategic Responsibilities:
- Advance the DR program vision, strategy, and multi-year roadmap to continuously improve BOK Financial s system resiliency and recovery capabilities by effectively leveraging input from internal colleagues, industry best practices, outputs from consulting engagements, and/or other valued sources.
- Implement a highly effective collaboration model that captures new innovative thinking and a more effective deployment of industry best practices (i.e. cloud adoption, co-location services, automation and orchestration, strategic partnerships and cutting-edge technologies).
- Establish enterprise-wide technical standards, guidelines and supporting procedures for the IT-DR program to meet business-defined recovery objectives.
- Assess and improve the IT-DR program by evaluating governance models, risks to technology services, and DR processes and procedures. Identify, evaluate and document the design and effectiveness of IT-DR controls by identifying and monitoring both control gaps and opportunities to gain process efficiencies.
- Create and foster a highly-effective communication approach that promotes collaboration, collects feedback, and ensures personnel are aware of important issues (e.g., test results, program health, adherence to standards, process improvement recommendations, system exceptions, etc.).
2. Operational Responsibilities:
- Lead the execution of the evolving multi-year DR capability advancement plan. Implement a program model for continual improvement, underpinned by industry-proven measures and metrics.
- Direct DR testing efforts to include validation of independent systems as well as integrated system testing on an annual basis.
- Strengthen recovery operations and oversees recovery team procedures by assessing system DR plans and testing procedures against business functionality and technical performance requirements.
- Gather, analyze, and report IT-DR Program Management status, metrics and KPI s to senior leaders and peers.
- Monitor DR resources to mitigate gaps as identified through personnel changes, assessments, or exercise of the IT-DR program. (This may include policy or program changes, process adjustments, or risk acceptance or avoidance options.)
- Organize and lead the IT Control Center (ITCC) team during annual IT-DR testing and during disaster recovery response situations.
3. Talent / Culture:
- Effectively lead the IT-DR team resources (direct and indirect resources) to include: establishing well-defined, mutually understood performance goals; real-time coaching and quarterly performance feedback; and, proactively identifying personal development opportunities.
- Critically evaluate and propose improvements through organizational planning and budget oversight. Provides input on annual budget to include proposals that mature and/or advance the IT-DR program.
- Proactively contribute to developing a culture that makes BOKF IT a destination for top talent. Actively engage in the recruiting and retention of top IT talent.
- Anticipate and identify issues inhibiting the attainment of assigned goals; develops and implements corrective actions.
- Advise cross-functional partners regarding Disaster Recovery program expectations and individual responsibilities. Engage with leaders to ensure objectives are reflected in team members goal structure.
- Develop, implement and oversee training requirements for cross-functional partners to achieve DR program objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- A clear passion for the profession of Business Resiliency and Disaster Recovery
- Proven ability to lead a multi-faceted Disaster Recovery Program in a complex, matrix organizational model
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of current IT Disaster Recovery management planning and program initiatives, testing techniques, and strong understanding of methodologies used in performing risk analyses and Business Impact Analysis
- In-depth knowledge of IT infrastructure including hardware, networks and telecommunications, as well as a strong understanding of security and system change control processes
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to plan, organize and direct the testing of disaster recovery plans and procedures
- Ability to apply learnings and experience from recovering a company from an interruption and/or major disaster
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including communicating with C-level executives; polished presentation skills to both large groups and executive management
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to work with all levels of personnel from end users to executive management
- Strong financial acumen in support of Disaster Recovery business case development
- Excellent organizational skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Disaster Recovery leadership experience in the financial services industry (preferred)
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering or related field and 15+ years experience in the Information Technology industry or 10+ years experience in the IT-Disaster Recovery field.
Preferred: Disaster Recovery Professional Certifications such as Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Project Management Professional (PMP), etc.
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training,