Account Executive Trainee at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: New York, New YorkJob Description:
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Webster Business Credit will be the provider of choice for asset based financing and value added financial services to middle market companies. We are committed to building partnerships with our borrowers and to provide a superior level of customer service.
This is an opportunity to participate in a 12 to 18 month training program consisting of rotational assignments to each functional area of Webster Business Credit Corporation, the asset-based, commercial lending unit of Webster Bank. The program includes the study of policy and procedure materials, classroom and virtual training, technical skill instruction and hands on training, with one-on-one mentoring by the Portfolio Manager. Upon completion of the training program, the participant will be assigned to work in a specific functional area of WBCC for further career development.
- Prepare excel and excel- based software spreadsheets to summarize Company's financial information and begin to analyze company's performance and report on findings.
- Participate in field exams of customer books and records, performing analyses of Accounts Receivable, Inventory Accounts Payable, and Cash Accounts, etc. with guidance from the field examiner-in-charge.
- Assist in preparing Credit Action Documents (CADs) in order to obtain approval of credit requests, risk rating changes, amendments to loan agreements, etc.
- Be able to interact with WBCC customers to field their requests, obtain information, answer questions and help resolve any operational issues.
- Complete all required regulatory compliance training.
- Participate in staff meetings in order to gain overall perspective on WBCC operations.
- Participate in special projects as needed
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree required - Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics
- Minimum of 1- 2 years of general work experience (i.e., office work, working with customers, work study jobs, etc.)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word