HR Business Partner at Meggitt PLC
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) partners with managers and employees to align human resource services with business objectives fostering an employee-oriented, high performance culture. Anticipates and assesses human resources related needs and seeks to implement integrated solutions. Formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Provides human resources guidelines, and aligns human resource solutions to meet current and long term business requirements.
* Works closely with the business unit management and employees to increase productivity and retention.
* Partners with business leadership and HR Manager to develop and implement a wide variety of talent management activities to identify, grow, and retain critical talent.
* Handle confidential and non-routine information in a professional manner.
* Manage full recruiting cycle for non-professional positions (production and office) including job requisition, sourcing, recruiting, screening, interviewing, background checks, offer generation, on-boarding process and new hire orientation.
* Compile job descriptions, review job functions, and verify on-the-job trainings for all new hires.
* Deliver HR guidance and service to assist business unit in achieving group objectives.
* Responsible for administering leaves of absence, ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations.
* Partners with management to communicate and implement various Human Resources policies, procedures, standards and government laws/regulations.
* Works within company guidelines, to resolve employee relations issues, and to conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
* Conduct training to managers and supervisors on topics including labor law, sexual harassment, workers' compensation, interview tips, and hiring and terminating employees.
* Type, format, prepare and maintain various documents to include but not limited to letters, memorandums, reports, briefings, spreadsheets, policies, procedures, brochures and manuals.
* Responsible for managing Worker's compensation claims process including timely completion of intake and reporting and frequent interaction with claims representatives.
* Conduct termination process for voluntarily and involuntarily terminations.
* Administer benefits programs for current employees.
* Maintain HRIS system and create new employee records and manage files.
* The primary duties of this job require administrative, non-manual work directly related to business operations involving responsibility for processes and policies of significance, evaluation of possible solutions and results of the work for which the employee is responsible and making recommendations and/or decisions accordingly using professional judgment. Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Reports to Human Resources Manager
* Interact with associates at all levels, and with groups of wide social, cultural, and educational diversity
* Relates to:
* Other Human Resources Personnel
* Key Customers
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
* Safety: regulatory compliance, training and Workers' Compensation Claims
* Timely response to Corrective Action Requests
* Performance to Department Budgets
* Timely filing of all compliance paperwork
* Support of MPS processes
* Company performance to compensation and hiring goals
* Support OECO Management in all attitudes and communications with others
* Bachelors Degree in a related field is essential
* Three to seven years Human Resources experience, preferably in a manufacturing, fast-paced environment
* Extensive knowledge in managing federal and state leaves
* Knowledge of Worker Compensation laws
* Knowledge of principles and practices of recruitment and selection
* Demonstrates a high level of ethical behavior in exercising judgment and discretion in matters of significance
* Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to develop clear detailed plans and to negotiate and influence, while exercising sensitivity to the audience
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
* Must be able to read and analyze data in hard copy and on a computer screen
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database management tools
PERSONAL TRAIT PROFILE
* Must have the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of personality types at all levels of the organization
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
* Must have analytical and decision making abilities
* Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
* Must be able to deal with irate and/or demanding employees in an effective manner
* Multi-tasked, flexible, open minded and team spirited
* Quality and customer service orientated
* High level of integrity and diplomacy
* Accuracy and attention to detail absolutely critical
* Able to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position can have substantial impact on the associates attitude and opinion of the company. It is crucial in communicating management's messages and enforcing the company's policies and procedures.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.