Patient and Equipment Transport Tech at Maine Medical Center
Posted in Other 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Portland, Maine
* Position Summary
* Responsible for providing services to support patient care. The position includes two major areas of support to patient care: Transportation of patients and equipment and the stocking and general maintenance of certain equipment and supplies.
Serve as a vital contact for patients, family, and visitors during patient transportation, and, must convey a friendly, caring, and professional attitude. Responsible for assessing needs of customers related to transportation, and ensuring the customer's needs are met.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* A high school diploma or GED is required or must be obtained within 12 months of hire.
* Ability to work independently and apply sound judgment to asses and prioritize transportation requests using the Teletracking computer and paging system.
* Reading ability to ensure proper patient identification, reading text pages and computer screens, and performing data entry and review.
* The employee needs strong customer service skills, acquired though six months of on the job training and attendance at Customer Service Training for Patient Transportation
* Ability to learn and perform bedside pick -up and assisted lift procedures, acquired through on the job training, ergonomics and patient transport safety training classes.Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.