Senior Software Engineering Manager at QIAGEN
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Redwood City, California
Functional Area: Engineering
QIAGEN offers industry-leading applications for the analysis, interpretation, and reporting of biological data. Understanding raw data is one of the most significant challenges in modern molecular methods. Our portfolio of powerful tools addresses this bottleneck with innovative applications based on cutting-edge bioinformatics.
Our bioinformatics tools enable:
* Analysis, comparison, and visualization of NGS data
* User-friendly customization of comprehensive bioinformatics solutions
* Hypotheses about novel mechanisms of action underlying patterns in data
* Interpretation of upstream/downstream effects of gene expression changes
* Enterprise-level handling and curating of NGS data for clinical and biological applications
We are passionate about our people, our users, our products, our technology, and our vision, and are looking for intelligent, talented, and entrepreneurial developers who are eager to join our world-class team. QIAGEN offers a professional work environment, competitive benefits and values work-life balance.
About the opportunity:
In this position, you will be a key part of the product team reporting to the Sr Director of Software Development and responsible for software development for the Ingenuity product line and services. You will be responsible for staffing and managing the software development team, driving team culture, best practices and help set the strategy and product direction. You should have experience managing agile teams in a continuous integration environment, building multiple SaaS products on a shared, modular platform and delivering complex products with high quality and predictable schedules. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the potential of next generation sequencing data analytics, computation and visualization of complex scientific data, knowledge extraction / management, building simple but elegant software solutions and delivering customer-centric products. Leadership, communication, prioritization and a focus on excellence are essential characteristics for this role.
* Lead and grow existing organization of Technical Architects and Developers.
* Manage and facilitate the software development team, both local and remote, to ensure software development efforts meet corporate quality objectives and launch targets.
* Champion software development best practices within the organization including but not limited to: design, architecture, code re-use, performance, and quality.
* Continuously appraise effectiveness of software development organization through objective metrics for improvement.
* Prioritize, direct and appraise the activities of software engineers.
* Coordinate with product management, quality and product support management to ensure that the needs of all projects in the product line are met.
* Assist product management by providing technical insight and judgment of feature/schedule/cost tradeoffs.
* Ensure that product architecture and technology decisions support corporate strategies and future direction of the products.
* Prioritize and manages resource allocation for the products based on changing business priorities, direction and budget.
* A passion for people management and mentorship.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.