Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: HERSCHER, Illinois
Operate and maintain pipelines, storage wells, pumps, gas process equipment, valves, seals and other related equipment.
• Start, stop and operate pumps, and process equipment within defined operating parameters as required.
• Diagnose and repair pumps, seals, valves and related equipment.
• Install and service valves, pipe, pipeline appurtenances, and storage well equipment.
• Responsible for either personally or coordinating for locating and marking facilities per Company Damage Prevention Program and One-Call procedures prior to excavation.
• Responsible for performing pipeline patrols, population density surveys, leak detection surveys and inspections per Company procedures.
• Provide oversight and inspection to ensure asset protection and compliance with Company procedures of excavation activities near pipeline facilities.
• Responsible for inspection of projects primarily relating to excavation near pipeline facilities and repair of pipeline facilities.
• Responsible for inspection duties per Company policies including: Completion of required documentation, as-built drawings, contractor oversight and supervision, act as Company representative during construction activities, report progress to Operations and Project Manager, and ensure proper reporting and compliance with Safety and Environmental policies.
• Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenants, public officials/emergency officials and at local meetings. (One Call, Pipeline Groups, Soil Conservation, USFS, etc.)
• Train and oversee company and third party personnel as required (e.g., personnel in progression, transport drivers, contractors, visitors)
• Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
• Perform mapping, record keeping, and data entry duties per Company policies.
• Identify, report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
• Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
• Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
• Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping
• Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, regulatory, and Company tariff requirements
• Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence
• Achieve and maintain all OQ qualifications and progression requirements.
Perform pipeline pigging operations.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Must possess and maintain a Valid Driver's license and meet company insurability requirements.
• Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, operating systems, company software).
• Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals).
• Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, P&IDs and other diagrams.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), prioritize work schedule, focus attention on details and follow work rule/procedures.
• Must respond to and address callouts and emergencies after regular business hours which will require carrying a communication device.
• Depending on location and workload travel may be required.
• Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
• Knowledge of Common Ground Alliances Best Practices and government regulations 192, OSHA, and EPA a plus.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position including but not limited to working in tight spaces; walking up and down stairs and ladders; negotiating uneven surfaces and carrying up to 50 pounds
• Other related duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.