ANALYST-APPLICATION DEVELOPER I/II at Kinder Morgan
Posted in General Business 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Kinder Morgan is looking for Application Development Systems Analysts to participate in the support of its systems, associated interfaces and peripheral applications used to support the Gas Systems User groups. Specific support tasks include the collection and interpretation of the functional user requirements and the identification and implementation of solutions to meet those needs. Development duties include the analysis, design, coding, documentation, deployment, and support of custom applications. Miscellaneous duties include report writing and SQL, software upgrades, data manipulation and extraction, and performance tuning.
- Ability to code, test, and maintain highly complex programs under moderate to minimal supervision.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve the business problems using good information technology techniques, keeping in mind the capacity and limitations of the hardware/software, system response time, and form of desired results.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Analytical thinking capability to be able to identify effective and efficient problem resolutions.
- Ability to multitask effectively and regularly works under deadlines.
- Be available for on-call after-hours rotation for system support.
- Experience in an application development environment using WinForms .Net or equivalent technology.
- Extensive experience in using SQL to write and maintain complex business solutions.
- Experience in the project life cycle, design, development, testing, implementations, and support.
- Good interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate systems requirements verbally and in writing.
- Experience in working on multiple assignments during the same time frame and juggling tasks based on relative priorities with supervision commensurate with grade level.
- Uses time effectively and efficiently. Team player, values input of others and strives to solve problems for the good of all.
- Can represent own interests and yet be sensitive to others. Is cooperative and encourages collaboration.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Information systems.
- Experience in Crystal reporting is a plus.
- Experience with SSRS is a plus
- Having Gas Industry experience is a plus.
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill set.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.