Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Requisition Number: LVACT-INTDS-H-06-2018-01
Job Title: Intensive Case Manager
Minimum Degree Required: C - 4 Year Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Salary Range: $16.25 - $16.75 hourly, plus stipends
The Intensive Case Manager (ICM) is responsible for direct services provided in the collaboration with consumers, significant others, and collateral resources. The ICM will assist adults with a diagnosis of a serious and persistent mental illness, meeting the medical criteria for the services, to gain access to needed resources such as financial, housing, medical, social, vocational, educational, leisure and mental health services. The ICM will be the primary support relationship in the service delivery system for the consumer and will monitor both the consumer s functioning and the delivery of services to the consumer in order to maintain the consumer s stability in the community. Insuring quality of life as a means of reducing stressors and thereby reducing the exacerbation of illness and hospital recidivism are the primary goals of the collaborative relationship between the consumer and ICM. It is expected that 75% of the ICM s time will be spent in actual contacts with the consumer, performing components necessary to the service as well as interfacing with others on the consumer s behalf. Paperwork requirements and staff meetings should require the remaining 25% of the ICM s time.
Essential Functions of the Position:
* Support and promote the mission statement and values of the Lehigh Valley Assertive Community Treatment programs.
* Identify and respond to the needs of the consumers in achieving efficient responses to requests and to eliminate barriers limiting productivity in day to day activities.
* Engage consumers in a trusting and supportive relationship, providing emotional support within professional boundaries.
* Collaborate with consumers and others in the completion and review of a strengths based assessment.
* Design and Individualized Plan with the consumer based upon the specific needs of the individual, with the aim of maximizing physical, emotional and mental health.
* Assist the consumer to reach the goals identified in the Recovery Services Plan. The following activities are considered essential in helping the consumer to achieve goals:
* linkage with services
* monitoring of service delivery
* gaining access to services
* assessment of services
* problem resolution
* maximizing the use/availability of an informal support system
* education regarding and/or facilitating the use of community resources
* Provide emergency on-call coverage in rotation with other team members as needed. This may involve both phone work and in-person contact over a 24 hour period.
* Maintain required records accurately, comprehensively and in a timely manner. Keeps required consumer data up to date and submits paperwork as per program policy.
* Develop and maintain an efficient, appropriate and comprehensive record and scheduling system.
* Participate fully as a member of the team in staffing and other meetings, offering relevant input and feedback and accepting such from other team members.
* Cooperate with, participates in and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures and practices, and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
* Communicate with the Blended Case Management Team Leader, Program Director and appropriate staff personnel in order to integrate activities.
* Work in a collaborative and collegial manner with other staff, both intra- and inter-agency in assisting both the program s clients and the program to meet identified goals.
* Insure the confidentiality of all client and/or employee-related information.
* Maintain one s own physical, mental and emotional well-being so that the ICM can function appropriately in the job and can model healthy functioning to consumers.
Education/Training: A Bachelor s degree in a Human Service field with two (2) years community-based experience serving adults with severe and persistent mental illness.
Skills: The Intensive Case Manager must be knowledgeable, flexible, have proficient reading, grammar and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; knowledge of the principles and practices of the human services field as related to adult behavioral health; demonstrate an ability to work with multi-cultural population and acquire designated, mandatory training in CPR, First Aid, Driving/Safety techniques and have a valid driver s license. This individual must be organized, goal oriented and able to follow through with numerous responsibilities while ensuring accuracy in work product outcomes.
The Intensive Case Manager must have the ability and experience to make independent decisions regarding the most efficient process to complete required work, and be available to perform on-call responsibilities within appropriate timelines for response.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.