Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hanscom Afb, Massachusetts
Title: Air Force PM - Acquisition Documentation Support
Job Location: Hanscom AFB
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Job Responsibilities: Apply knowledge of principles, policies and practices of systems acquisition and program management as well as knowledge of roles and relationships of DoD and Air Force; apply knowledge to support activities to assist the program manager in assessing that programs are within schedule and cost baselines, be able to research and recommend viable solutions to problems and the pursuit of alternative courses of action. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: independently perform tasks relevant to the basic contract with minimal help from other employees; plan, research, analyze and assess system acquisition in terms of development, production and deployment of weapons systems and associated equipment; provide assistance in areas of systems acquisition policy and recommend improvements; provide quality acquisition and program documentation (briefings, documents, plans, etc.) to the government in support of the overall program.
Duties include, but not limited to:
* Writing Statements of Work in line with User requirements
* Drafting request for proposal packages, preparing budget documentation, supporting contract deliverable reviews, and monthly program reports
* Performing in depth technical evaluations on contractor proposals
* Participating in negotiations where necessary
* Analyzing and assessing risks
* Contributing to regulatory and statutory documentation
* Developing acquisition strategies, acquisition documentation and preparation for execution
* Managing either sole source or competitive acquisition required activities and documentation.
* Providing input into and evaluation of Integrated Master Schedules ensuring proper insight and attention on resources and
* Assisting PM in evaluating contractor spend plans and program estimates to develop funding requirements
* Bachelor's degree
* Minimum of 10 years of DoD and/or DoD contractor acquisition support experience
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required
* Ability to interpret and apply regulations, policy statements, product specifications, and other guidance
* Proficiency in Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word required
Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
* Some travel required
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. Is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Pregnancy, National Origin, Disability, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity Or Expression, Marital Status, Genetic Information, Protected Veteran Status, Or Other Factors Protected By Federal, State, And/or Local Law. This Policy Applies To All Terms And Conditions Of Employment, including: Recruiting; Hiring; Placement; Promotion; Termination; Layoff; Recall; Transfer; Leaves Of Absence; Compensation; And Training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.