Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posted Date 12 hours ago(6/13/2018 7:43 AM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Food & Beverage
This luxurious Omni property, which opened it's doors on March 6, 2018, is located in the heart of Downtown Louisville and designed with intersecting towers that represent the crossroads of the past, present and future of Louisville. Inspired by the city s rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville will transform one of the city s most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel will be a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, will allow guests to rest, relax or socialize with spectacular views of the city from above. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city s heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel s Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests will also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot modern urban lifestyle market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Bros. coffee, baking bread and fragrant fresh flowers.
This position is responsible for ensuring proper training and supervision of all personnel. The Food and Beverage LID is to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures. The Leader in Development (LID) program is a 12-month program designed to develop graduates into successful managers in the division they wish to pursue. The Food & Beverage LID will spend 40 hours each week assisting each department in Food & Beverage, and 7.5 hours completing contracts throughout the training property. Upon completion of the LID program, the Food & Beverage LID will move into a managerial role at an Omni property, so the successful candidate will be relocatable. Contracts are projects that will allow LIDs to learn about general hotel operations, as well as the details and functions of their division.
* Responsible for assigned shift, assisting in overall management.
* Assist in overall supervision of the department as outlined in manager s job description.
* Complete environmental checklist for dining room.
* Spot check liquor pars and order daily supplies.
* Hold pre-meal meetings.
* Follow up on established training steps.
* Handle guest comments and complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
* Communicate with guests and receive feedback.
* Stay on the floor during peak hours.
* Observe, teach and correct staff s service.
* Examine food preparation and beverage presentation.
* Maintain condition of dining room, mini bar and room service.
* Assist manager in; scheduling, completing weekly payroll, and forecasting both weekly and monthly.
* Participate in interviewing new employees as needed.
* Prepare maintenance request and follow-up.
* Monitor food and liquor requisitions and food waste.
* Check bar controls, shot glass use, red lining, and bottles totally empty daily.
* Previous Food and Beverage experience required, preferrably in luxury hotel/convention hotel setting.
* 4 year college degree required, preferably in a related field.
* Must have the ability to manage deadlines.
* Understanding of Food and Beverage financials including cost and par controls is preferred.
* General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Must have a strong attention to detail as well as strong customer service skills.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule, 47.50 hours a week including weekends and holidays.
* Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
* Must know emergency procedures and work to prevent accidents.
* Alcoholic beverage service training required.
* Must be able to relocate upon completion of the program.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com..