Senior Manager of Web Development at Omni Hotels & Resorts
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Posted Date 1 day ago(6/12/2018 3:13 PM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at over 50 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate, innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
The purpose of the Senior Manager of Web Development is to recommend and implement investments in Information Technology that support the corporate business strategies with an emphasis on reservations systems, digital commerce, marketing and financial objectives.
* Develop and execute department strategic plan in concert with IT leadership and in alignment with the company s overall business directives. Collaborate with stakeholders to determine the needs for supporting existing applications as well as future developments related to reservations, digital commerce, marketing and financial systems.
* Stay apprised of developments in technology and the hospitality industry in order to advise senior management on recommended improvements.
* Lead the Information Technology technical team to develop, optimize and maintain core systems across the company, including reservations, website, marketing and other platforms and ensure operational excellence.
* Monitor performance of all systems and deliver ongoing reports to department and company leadership.
* Establish quality, financial and security controls to assure effective and efficient use of company resources.
* Evaluate and prioritize work order tickets submitted to department on weekly basis.
* Review, develop and implement disaster recovery plans for all necessary systems.
* Train and development members of the team to ensure growth and opportunity within the organization and/or their role, including necessary technical skills, company culture and managerial capabilities.
* Bachelor s degree required - MIS or IT major preferred
* Candidate is required to know a wide range of technology applications in the field of web development and related technologies, including but not limited to jQuery, bootstrap, XML, HTTP and CSS
* Must have strong programming skills with the ability to rapidly learn new languages and design pattern theories - primary languages are Perl, Python and Java
* Expertise in the Linux OS
* Demonstrated project management experience
* Minimum of seven years experience demonstrating progressive advancement in IT
* Minimum of five years experience in Hospitality
* Proven management experience with ability to lead a team with multiple levels of technical expertise
* Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links:EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com..