Pharmacist - Clinical I at SCL Health
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Boulder, Colorado
The Pharmacist provides drug information and assists physician in providing appropriate drug therapy for pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients. Compounds, prepares, mixes, manufactures and dispenses medicines and preparations. Oversees medications prepared by Pharmacy Technicians.
* Interprets physician orders and intervenes when appropriate for clarification or correction.
* Reviews the patient profile for allergies, interactions, and appropriateness before dispensing.
* Checks dosage for appropriateness for pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
* Carefully checks the work of Technicians before initialing labels. Directs Technicians to perform tasks appropriate to current priorities.
* Provides accurate drug information to other health professionals and lay persons where requested.
* Participates in interdisciplinary staff meetings and medical staff meetings.
Quality Improvement and Participation
* Performs nursing station inspections as assigned by the Director.
* Participates in medication use evaluations, records Pharmacist interventions, and adverse drug events.
* Attends departmental Pharmacist meetings.
* Completes controlled drug records accurately.
* Attends inservices for self-development. Teaches classes within the department to Nursing or medical staff when appropriate.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* Graduate from an accredited College of Pharmacy, required
* Valid license as a Pharmacist in the State of practice, required
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
* One (1) year of experience in a hospital pharmacy setting, preferred
Qualifications CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Wheat Ridge
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities