Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Tennant is a recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions for industrial and commercial markets, with more than $820 million in annual revenues. With a vision to become a global leader in water-based sustainable cleaning and other technologies, Tennant creates innovative solutions, such as our ec-H2O products, that are changing the way the world cleans.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
Tennant Company is currently seeking a Welder to work 2nd shift from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm. As a Welder you will be primarily responsible for setting up and operating welding processes while achieving and maintaining established quality and productivity standards.
* Performs gas shielded metallic arc welding (MIG), gas shielded tungsten arc welding (TIG) and resistance welding * Performs additional operations such as; grinding, spatter removal and any other duties as assigned * Layout, fit and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms, such as machine frames and parts, using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy and engineering requirements. * Process is easily repeatable, requiring a low amount of troubleshooting and adjustment to weld a quality product. * Achieve and maintain efficiency standards within 3 months. * Performs a minimum of 1 process proficiently and works towards learning additional processes within a department. * Must be able to utilize equipment and measure weld length, pitch and size to drive part accuracy within print tolerances and minimize Quality Notifications and Scrap. * Understands and participates in continuous improvement activities.
* Blueprint reading * Welding processes * Good communication skills * Good work ethic * Good mechanical skills * Must be able to set-up and operate MIG (spray transfer pulse) welding processes and prefer TIG and/or Resistance welding. * Proficient at grinding, polishing and spatter removal. * Ability to perform basic welding equipment maintenance (Change outs, liners, diffusers replacement, contact tips and * Ability to read and understand basic engineering drawings (blue prints) with an emphasis on welding symbols. * Ability to understand and follow method layouts and process notes on routings (work order). * Ability to navigate within Microsoft Windows. * Must be able to read documents written in English
REQUIRED PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Working conditions include exposure to a varying degree of dust, dirt, sparks, heat, fumes, and noise * Requires standing most of the time, continuous bending, stooping squatting, and lifting * Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close Vision, Distance Vision, Peripheral Vision, Depth Perception, ability to Adjust Focus. * Requires good manual dexterity
* Hearing and vision protection required in all areas * Safety shoes required in all areas * Exposure to oil, grease, dust, metal particles, sparks, sharp edged materials
* Exposed to hazards/risks that require body protection (gloves, pants, steel toes, sleeves, safety glasses, etc.).
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL & BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
* Ability to problem-solve. * Ability to concentrate on tasks, make decisions and work calmly and effectively in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment. * Willingness to be flexible with time and adjust to a changing work environment. * Ability to build and maintain positive relationships, both internally and externally, while maintaining a client service orientation. * Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in dealing with highly confidential information. * Consistent attendance either onsite or remotely as needed by the business. * Ability to take direction and accept supervision.
Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize and accurately prioritize work, be detail-oriented, understand when urgency is required and use good judgment in varied situations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* High School Diploma/GED Equivalent required
* 6 months - 2 years production welding experience OR Welding certificate * Must pass written and Hands on Tennant Welding Assessment Test * History of continuous improvement within previous positions * Two years general sheet metal training or two years vocational training in sheet metal or related field preferred. * Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.