Nursing Technician PRN at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Frankfort, Kentucky
Job Code: 00059-4223
Frankfort Regional Medical Center (FRMC) is a 103 bed acute care hospital. We offer a working environment that's as nurturing as it is dynamic. With our team-oriented approach, and the ample opportunities we provide for learning and career growth, we know you'll find that Frankfort Regional offers the ideal atmosphere where you can use your best skills. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, a matching 401(k) plan, nursing clinical ladder, referral bonuses, outstanding educational assistance and resources, plus a generous paid time-off plan.
FRMC is one of only four Level III Trauma Centers in Kentucky, and has received Chest Pain Center Accreditation with PCI by the Society of Chest Pain Centers - setting the standard for excellence in emergency heart care. Frankfort Regional Medical Center attained Magnet recognition again in May 2016. Receiving Magnet recognition for the second time is a great achievement for Frankfort Regional Medical Center, as it continues to proudly belong to the global community of Magnet-recognized organizations. Just 430 U.S. health care organizations out of over 6,300 U.S. hospitals have achieved Magnet recognition.
Magnet recognition is the gold standard for nursing excellence and includes model elements for delivering superior patient care such as the quality of nursing leadership and coordination and collaboration across specialties, as well as processes for measuring and improving the quality and delivery of care. Magnet recognition provides specific benefits to health care organizations and their communities, such as:
Higher patient satisfaction with nurse communication, availability of help and receipt of discharge information.
Lower risk of 30-day mortality and lower failure to rescue rates.
Higher job satisfaction among nurses.
Lower nurse reports of intentions to leave their positions.
* Greets and interacts with all patients, significant others, visitors, guest, in a cheerful, courteous, positive manner at all times.
* Assist in the admission of new patients and prepare them for patient care
* Complete documentation in a timely, proficient and complete manner
* Ensure the patient hygiene is completed daily (oral, body, toileting, linen)
* Observe for any changes in the patient s condition and report changes or concern to the primary RN or Charge nurse.
* Assist in providing safety and prevention of injury for all patients (falls, skin integrity, infection, etc)
* Ensure patient area, nurse station and department is clean, tidy and in order.
* Ask the 3 Ps prior to leaving a patient room
* Assist in updating and maintaining white boards
* Ensure that patients are ambulated, turned, repositioned according to standards of care
* Daily use of Service Excellence and Customer Service Initiatives with every patient and every family member every time
EDUCATION: High School or GED
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS: BLS; Preferred Certified Nursing Assistant licensure for Nurse Tech
EXPERIENCE: Nurse Tech- experience preferred; or CNA certification
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.