Charge Entry Specialist at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Miami, Florida
Job Code: 24220-68372
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE NATION\'S LARGEST PROVIDER OF HEALTHCARE SERVICES WITH OVER 1000 PRACTICE LOCATIONS!
HCA Healthcare is a national leader in providing modern, culturally competent, patient-centered care and we are driven by a single goal: THE CARE AND IMPROVEMENT OF HUMAN LIFE.
We are looking for an exceptional CHARGE ENTRY SPECIALIST to join our team. We believe in our team and your ability to help us provide high quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary, tuition reimbursement, and growth opportunities. We are seeking a great addition to the team who feels patient care is as important as we do!
Interested in learning more about us* Click here!
As a Charge Entry Specialist in our practice, you will function as a champion of patient billing and administration. The Specialist will be responsible for compiling billing information, assisting with coding, and ensuring all charges are posted accurately and timely.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Receives and reviews charge documents for accuracy and coordinates with front office staff on all payment/billing issues.
* Enters charges into practice management system.
* Balances Charge Summary to tickets keyed before finalizing/updating charges in the system.
* Extracts information from medical records, operative notes, hospital admissions, consults, progress notes and discharges to ensure completeness and accuracy.
* Assists with identifying quality issues with registration and scheduling activities.
* Minimum of 1 year of coding, billing, and/or charge entry experience in the healthcare field is required.
* Knowledge of medical terminology and coding is highly preferred.
* Familiarity with third party billing requirements and payment policies is also highly preferred.
WE BELIEVE IN GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND, AND FEEL THAT THERE IS NO NOBLER PURSUIT THAN THAT OF CARING FOR AND IMPROVING HUMAN LIFE. WE HOPE YOU LL JOIN US ON OUR MISSION!
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.