Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Job Code: 00001-66641
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN II (NURSING STUDENT)
PART OF THE TRISTAR FAMILY OF HOSPITALS
TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 657-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women s services. An affiliate of TriStar Health, TriStar Centennial Medical Center s 43-acre campus is home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center, TriStar Centennial Women s Hospital, The Children s Hospital at TriStar Centennial, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at TriStar Centennial Medical Center and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion.
The PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN II (NURSING STUDENT) demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, ability to gather data, demonstrates knowledge in range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served as per Scope of Service; promotes customer service initiatives; follows directions from Primary/Charge Nurse to meet the individual needs of each patient; demonstrates the ability to perform technical skills and procedures as evidenced by unit competency; documents patient care, as appropriate; and reports to Primary/Charge Nurse any changes in patient status.
GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Supports the facility s Standards of Performance and ICARE values
2. Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars/professional development as
requested by manager.
3. Maintains compliance with federal, state and other governing bodies. Includes licensure and certification.
4. Observes and abides by established safety practices.
5. Ensures accuracy and completeness of work.
6. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures involved in
performing job duties.
1.Demonstrated experience with each of the required areas of expertise in section I.
2. Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with patients, guests, physicians, and other employees.
3. Must be a student enrolled in an RN program with completion of Fundamentals of Nursing or one year of school. A student who discontinues their nursing school program is required to obtain a Nurse Aide in the State of TN within 30 days of their discontinuation of the program and will be required to transfer to a PCT I position.
4. Current BLS required. CPI certification required within 6 months of hire.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.