Registered Nurse (RN) Med Surg 4th Floor FT Nights at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Frankfort, Kentucky
Job Code: 00059-4113
Nights (rotating weekends)
At FRANKFORT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER, FRANKFORT, KY we offer a working environment that's as nurturing as it is dynamic. With our team-oriented approach, and the ample opportunities we provide for learning and career growth, we know you'll find that Frankfort Regional offers the ideal atmosphere where you can use your best skills.
All the technology and medical advancements wouldn't mean a thing without our highly skilled, dedicated and conscientious staff. For the TENTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR in 2016, Frankfort Regional was chosen as one of the BEST PLACES TO WORK IN KENTUCKY. Frankfort Regional Medical Center a MAGNET designated hospital is committed to recruiting professional, energetic and goal oriented individuals. Our hospital strives to make EXCELLENCE in healthcare our top priority.
The Medical Surgical RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Instructs and educates patients and families.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
* BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
* Current Registered Nurse License in Kentucky
* American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
* 1 year of experience in area of clinical expertise to which applying (preferred
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.