Registered Nurse (RN) SICU at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Dallas, Texas
Job Code: 01505-101513
Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse - RN - Surgical ICU
(Surgical ICU) SICU
Shift: Full Time Nights
Medical City Dallas
WE ARE CURRENTLY OFFERING A SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $5,000 FOR ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES!
The SICU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
* Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Instructs and educates patients and families.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
* Current licensure as an RN.
* Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.
* Minimum of 2 years high acuity ICU experience is preferred
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 06/12/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.