Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: El Paso, Texas
Job Code: DSMC-18701
Nights (rotating weekends)
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As the only full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic and Minimally Invasive Surgery Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
To provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
* Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
* Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
* Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
* Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
* Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
* Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
* Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN.
REQUIRED: Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state. Current BLS certification.
PREFERRED: Medical/Surgical Nursing experience preferred. Chemotherapy experience preferred
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.