TGCM Technician I at Air Liquide USA
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Malta, New York
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company's activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide's ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Air Liquide Electronics innovative electronic materials respond to increasingly challenging customer demands for improved mobility, connectivity, computing power and energy consumption. We offer ultra pure carrier gases, a wide range of specialty gases and advanced precursor molecules, enabling equipment for safe distribution, purification and on-line purity control. On site, manufacturers rely on our expertise in providing full management of these gases, advanced molecules and equipment and in helping to continuously improve production processes.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
* Maintain and operate specialty gas/chemical delivery equipment, including bulk chemical offload/transfers.
* Perform minor inspections and preventive maintenance on gas/chemical related equipment.
* Perform minor gas/chemical troubleshooting and repair of delivery equipment.
* Perform daily rounds including recording readings, completing safety & 5S inspections, monitoring online gas and chemical systems, verifying heat trace operations, and completing chemical tote/drum and gas cylinder change-outs.
* Monitor and understand correct liquid bulk delivery procedures for each product on site.
* Provide information for and initiate proper reporting procedures per on-site policies including, but not limited to: problem situations/events & Quality Incident Reports, proper customer escalation, product acceptance, tank fill, inventory and material usage, bulk gas analysis, analyzer calibration, monitoring, safety parameters, and personnel requirements.
* Assist in the identification and resolution of gas/chemical related semiconductor-manufacturing problems.
* Emergency Response Team member
* Restart all high purity gas and/or chemical delivery equipment.
* Participate in customer and Air Liquide programs including, but not limited to: Safety, Training, Operations, and Preventive Maintenance
* Assist in the maintenance and improvement of applicable site-specific work instructions
* Comply with all applicable HS&E Standards including, but not limited to: PPE, Forklift Operations, Lock Out/Tag Out Program, Confined Space Entry, etc
* Complete assigned tasks as per existing procedure
* Perform minor analytical procedures and/or sampling procedures.
* Accountable for safety of all persons, and general public surrounding facility. Safety is a condition of continued employment.
* Hazardous Waste Technician: Responsible for the proper transfer of materials to the dock hazardous waste storage area, proper maintenance of the dock hazardous storage area, use of appropriate documentation, equipment, and procedures for ensuring proper management of hazardous waste, proper labeling of hazardous waste, following proper procedures for handling spills/emergencies, pour-up of materials, segregation of compatible materials, preparation for waste/containers for shipment, operation of a forklift, supporting waste minimization programs/activities, and maintaining an understanding of applicable hazardous waste laws.
* Train TGCM Tech Level I employees
* Satisfactorily complete TGCM Tech Level I local OJT minimum requirements within 12 months in job grade
* High school diploma or GED
* Evidence of previous work in a successful team environment
* Self motivated to learn
* Ability to learn, understand and enforce all proper reporting procedures per onsite operations policy
* Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to give instructions clearly
* Good electro-mechanical aptitude
* Display aptitude for working an emergency/high stress situation and performing problem solving actions properly and safely
* Ability to understand and abide by stringent safety rules
* Moderate to heavy lifting may be required
* Experience in the semiconductor or chemical/specialty gas field, military technical/electronic rating or nuclear field, or equivalent industry