Program Manager/Immigration Specialist - Global Affairs at West Virginia University
Posted in Education 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
International Students and Scholars at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a temporary Program Manager/Immigration Specialist. This position will provide specialized immigration advice to international students, staff, faculty, exchange visitors, and their families.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
Facilitate the temporary and permanent employment of foreign faculty and researchers, and ensure that both employees and WVU are in compliance with regulations and US immigration rules.
Interact with supervisors, staff, managers, department immigration liaisons throughout WVU concerning issues impacting the hiring of international employees and visa sponsorship and process.
Serve as a member of the WVU Immigration Oversight Committee for Employment of Foreign Nationals including attending and participating in weekly Committee meetings for case/problem discussions, WVU immigration practices clarifications/decisions, planning and actual participation in Immigration Liaison Trainings.
Interacts with various government agencies to obtain information and clarification on rules and regulations.
Interacts with staff, supervisors, and managers within other administrative departments throughout WVU concerning issues impacting J-1 Exchange visitors and the hiring of international employees such as: the Department of Human Resources concerning hiring processes; Finance & Administration office regarding tax accounting issue.
Assists international staff, faculty, and their families in their transition to life at WVU and the Morgantown community.
Respond to and provide specific assistance for the following visa categories: J-1 Exchanging Visitor Category, Advisory Opinions Request, J-1 Waiver Applications, including, Interested Government Agency Foreign Medical Graduate J-1 Waiver, H-1B Specialty Occupation Category, TN nonimmigrant Classification, O-1 of Extraordinary Ability Category, and Permanent Residency.
- Master’s degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, Foreign Languages, Linguistics or cultures, or related field is required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted.
- Three or more semesters of foreign language study or foreign language proficiency is preferred
- One (1) year of directly related work experience in a post-secondary institution or similar sized organization, interacting with and providing assistance to the international population.
- One (1) year of experience working with visa and immigration rules and regulations is highly desired.