Sales Reprsentative - Parsippany, NJ at Tilcon New York, Inc
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: parsippany, New Jersey
Job ID: 141548
Safety, Integrity, Quality are the foundation or core values on which Tilcon New York Inc., a CRH company operates. Located in New York and New Jersey, Tilcon New York Inc. is an integrated materials company with multiple quarry locations, water terminals, heavy highway construction division, asphalt and recycle plants. Tilcon manufactures sells and ships, made in the USA, products of crushed stone, asphalt, sand, gravel and recycled materials throughout New York, New Jersey, and some areas of Pennsylvania. Growth opportunity, professional development and a culture of support and resources are provided to each employee for their personal growth and success within Tilcon New York Inc., and CRH.
This position is responsible for facilitating external sales of aggregates, asphalt, recycle concrete/asphalt, and construction services. The sales representative is responsible for maintaining high quality communications between our existing customer base, future customers, and the operating departments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following essential functions satisfactorily:
- Safely and efficiently manage company external sales
- Prepare quotes for customers
- Maintain customer base through relationship building
- Grow market share through effective sales strategies
- Assist Aggregate, Asphalt, Recycle and Construction Managers with making sound decisions concerning external sales opportunities
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting and communication
- Assure that job tasks are performed in accordance with industry best practices and requirements of the company
- Assure that all customer quotes and communication records are maintained
- Maintains professional demeanor in dealing with critical/confidential information; restrict discussion/knowledge of activity to a “need to know” basis.
- Properly follow all company policies and regulations for safe working procedures and environmental protection.
- Regular and timely attendance is required.
Marginal Duties and Functions
- Additional duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) with 5 years construction experience
- 5 or more years industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.E.) from four year college or university
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the preferred knowledge, skills and abilities.
- High level of proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and company procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when required.
- When in the field, required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety Glasses, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, Dust masks & Hearing Protection.
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of State and US DOT rules and regulations.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Able to work independently with attention to detail
- Able to respond to stressful situations and customers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to effectively prioritize assignments to meet long-term and short-term deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to effectively communicate in verbal and written form to employees, management, executives
- Excellent phone etiquette, speaking voice and professional appearance
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical, written or oral form
- Self-motivated, conscientious, and work well as a team member
- Ability to interact with managers, consultants, subcontractors and suppliers
- Ability to work in a paperless environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit, walk and stand for periods of time. The employee is required to use a computer for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job will require both office work and field work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment in the office is usually quiet.
- Safety, Integrity, Quality – formally and visibly demonstrate support and understanding of OMG and Tilcon’s core values.
- Attracts Top Talent - Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Develops Talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Resourcefulness - Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Tech Savvy - Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology application
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Tilcon New York Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.