Tax Intern at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Alvarez and Marsal is currently recruiting Internship candidate for our Compensation & Benefits Tax practice. Interns will support a team of professionals to advise boards of directors and the C-suite of companies of all sizes on various compensation matters.
- Completing complex tax projects, participating in engagements requiring tax analysis/modeling for a variety of entities, providing tax & business advice in regards to complex transactions, and tax research & writing. With this position, you will further your analytical and communication skills while adding value for our clients by helping solve their complex problems.
- Prepare tax calculations and various analyses/models to help clients make better informed compensation decisions and comply with the applicable rules and regulations
- Benchmark compensation and develop reports to support the compensation recommendations
- Design long-term incentive awards while considering the tax, accounting, and other regulatory ramifications
- Research emerging issues and areas, such as healthcare legislation and new SEC requirements, in order to keep our clients up to date on the ever-changing regulatory environment
- Work on mergers and acquisitions, including performing complex tax calculations for target companies and their executives
- Draft technical memorandums and letters related to compensation & benefits issues
- Assist with marketing initiatives by writing articles, preparing pitch decks, researching targets, and developing presentations
- Team with other colleagues and participate in client meetings
- Candidates must be seeking a Bachelor's degree - Advanced Degree preferred: Masters in Accounting/Finance, JD, or LL.M. - CPA (or in the process of pursuing) is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate complex information
- Strong analytical skills
- High proficiency in spreadsheets
- Ability to simultaneously work on several projects and effectively manage deadlines
- High motivation to learn and grow
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.