Senior Jboss and Tomcat Middeleware Administrator at Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
The main responsibilities of a JBoss and tomcat administration is to ensure subsystem reliability, availability, and serviceability; to provide technical expertise and guidance for both infrastructure and application design, supporting and diagnosing all RedHat JBoss EAP products, and performance tuning. At Guardian, we have a diverse computing environment. Candidates for this position must be very flexible and responsive to the changing platform.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, capable of working independently or on a team, a strategic thinker, and results-orientated. He/she will be coordinating projects with technical teams in a high paced service-oriented environment and provide on-call support as required. He/she should be capable of handling high risk and high visibility situations with ease. Strong overall diagnostic and problem-solving skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Middleware experience in a Linux environment.
- Must have hands on experience working with JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, etc.
- Must have experience with RedHat Linux as related to JBoss engineering design, development, and implementation.
- Linux OS hands-on experience in release and configuration processes.
- Administered, configured, tuned, and troubleshoot JBoss in a clustered environment.
- Good understanding of JBoss subsystem.
- Implement application security in JBoss EAP.
- Good understanding tomcat security configuration.
- Experience in Tomcat security management.
- Experience in apache server configuration and SSL certificate implementation.
- Working knowledge in mod_jk and proxy pass configuration.
- Good understanding of java policy configuration.
- Understanding of install, diagnostics, automation, and support.
- Coordinate with vendor for tickets, responsive to user community,
- Able to do solutioning, technical leadership, setting up configuration, and resolving complex application/infrastructure issues.
- Able to do capacity planning and analysis for Linux environment
- Experience in RedHat Enterprise JBOSS in the mod_cluster environment.
- Demonstrates technical leadership and exerts influence outside of immediate team.
- Working knowledge of Apache tomcat web server platform.
- Analyze all aspects of the existing infrastructure and recommends modifications that will enhance system reliability, availability, serviceability and scalability.
- Good understanding of web server load balancing concepts and experience with high available distributed environment.
- JBoss, community version and EAP
- Linux / Unix
- JMX, JConsole
- 5-8 years of experience with a bachelor’s degree OR 10 years equivalent work experience.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, capable of working independently, strategic thinker and results-orientated.
- Ability to coordinate projects with end users and technical teams in a high paced service-oriented environment.
- Provide 7x24 support as scheduled or as required. Capable of handling high risk and high visibility tasks with ease.
- Effectively manage and communicate with software vendors regarding open problem tickets.
- Strong overall problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America® (Guardian), currently ranked #218 on the Fortune 500, is one of the largest mutual life insurers. As of December 31, 2017, Guardian reports $1.6 billion in operating income, $8 billion in capital, and $71.5 billion in assets under management. Guardian consistently scores high marks for financial strength from all four major credit rating agencies and enjoys a strong competitive position in its major businesses: life insurance, disability income insurance, annuities, investments, dental and vision insurance and employee benefits.
As a mutual company founded over 157 years ago, Guardian is owned by its policyholders. The company has paid dividends to policyholders every year since 1868 and the Company’s 8,800 employees and 2,750 financial representatives are aligned with its mission to help individuals, families, and small businesses achieve financial security and protection. Guardian states its aspiration in the following way: “To be the trusted mutual partner, delivering financial security how, when, and where our clients prefer.”
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.