Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: East Chicago, Indiana
The Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day support of the ArcelorMittal USA Database Management Systems, which will include having expert knowledge of MVS and Windows. The Engineer will be responsible for creating new environments, implementing a backup strategy and a DR strategy and working with the application staff as well as the vendor on completion of tasks. This will also require knowledge of High Availability clustering.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide 24 X 7 On-Call support, troubleshooting and maintenance for Database related objects and jobs
* Work with key business and IT personnel to ensure application performance is meeting current and projected Business requirements
* Work with application personnel on performance tuning and database design
* Work with other infrastructure teams to create new environments/servers for application use
* Install DBMS software as required
* Monitor DBMS environments and take preventative measures.
* Trouble shoot database/application issues
* Provide direct customer service and technical support to customers as required via phone and in person
* Document procedures used in the environment
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENT:
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* 3 years of Database Administration
* Proficient at DB2 and SQLServer
* Experience in all DBA related tasks such as object definition and maintenance, performance tuning reorgs, backups and migration between environments
* Demonstrated skills in organization, prioritization, time-management, and decision-making
* Excellent oral & written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to learn new skills/technologies readily
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Experience with Platinum Tools
* Experience with IDERA Diagnostic Manager
* Experience with Redgate Tools.
* Experience with Change Management Tools
* Oracle Database knowledge is a plus
If a candidate needs an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, he or she may call 312-899-3097, or email CandidateRequest-USA@arcelormittal.com to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
ArcelorMittal is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Including Disability/Vets..