16 CTR Manager at Adams and Associates
Posted in Education 2 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Woodstock, MarylandJob Description:
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION:
Supervises and manages the Career Technical Training and Career Transition Readiness staff including WBL and the Grad-90 Program.
Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
Ensures Center meets or exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of the Career Technical Training and Career Transition Readiness departments to include Work-Based Learning (WBL) and the Grad-90 program.
- Ensures each student receives comprehensive and individualized case management that promotes quality career technical training, industry-recognized credential attainment and job placement.
- Ensures instructors provide quality career technical training and transitional support that leads to student placement. Tracks and monitors program outcomes to ensure goals are met.
- Works with the Center’s Industry Council to align the Center’s training with local workforce demands and to ensure students receive industry-relevant training.
- Ensures all career technical training and career transition areas are represented by employers who meet with students on Center to provide career guidance and placement opportunities.
- Ensures effective collaboration of CTT and WBL staff for WBL and direct placement opportunities that align with the training and credentials offered at the Center.
- Effectively manages the Center’s Grad-90 Program to ensure that students are appropriately scheduled and classes contain relevant and meaningful transitional and job search activities.
- Develops Center-beneficial linkages within the community for education, employment, Career Technical Training and WBL. Promotes a positive image of the Center and Job Corps and establishes meaningful relationships with elected officials.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Ensures that area of oversight is organized, clean, safe and conducive to student learning Interviews, recommends for hire, disciplines, recommends for termination and evaluates the performance of the employees in the CTT/CTR Department.
- Fills staff vacancies in a timely manner. Effectively motivates, empowers and requires staff to perform his/her job
- Employs sound time-management and delegation skills. Holds staff accountable for producing
quality work, develops staff for career progression and disciplines staff that fail to meet goals.
Provides required/supplemental training for new and current employees.
- Motivates and manages staff to work effectively, creates a supportive work environment, recognizes staff
accomplishments and proactively addresses staff performance concerns.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes
meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to
DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions
prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that
problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include
assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school required. Master’s degree from an accredited school preferred. A minimum of two years experience in program management and direction. Substantial experience working with youth. Prefer Job Corps or related program experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.