Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hercules, California
# of Openings
Research & Development
Bio-Rad is looking for a Release and DevOps Lead.
* As a Release and DevOps Lead you will be responsible for Build Management, Configuration Management, Release Management, and Operations for the Life Science Software Group at Bio-Rad you will be providing software and services to the software team to support the release process from development to production across various projects, products, and technologies at Bio-Rad.
* These include the support for embedded, desktop, and cloud applications as well as firmware, SQA, and technical documentation groups.
* Your role will include development and sustaining activities as well as managing other team members.
* You are very familiar with the Software Development Life Cycle and an advocate for agile development methodology and CI/CD.
* You are process-oriented and a champion for standardization, automation, testing, and documentation to produce repeatable high-quality software.
* As a Lead you will be planning and coordinating the team activities.
* Your ability to effectively prioritize, communicate, and collaborate across various projects, disciplines, and groups with competing requirements and schedules will be essential for success.
* Strong background and experience in Release and DevOps including build management, configuration management, release management, and operations.
* Strong background and champion of the SDLC in an Agile software development and testing environment.
* BS CS degree or related field, MS CS preferred.
* 10+ years of Release and DevOps experience.
* Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS) and Cloud Environment (AWS).
* Installers, Release Packaging, and Licensing (InstallShield, Code-Signing, ISO, DMG, Debian).
* AWS ( IAM, S3, Lambda, Config, CloudFormation).
* Source Control and Development Tools (Visual Studio, Git, Perforce, Jira).
* Continuous build and integration environment (Jenkins, VM, Code Pipeline, Code Build).
* Development and Test Support (Static Analysis, Unit Test, Code Coverage, Networking).
* Release Management (Manufacturing, Web Release, IT/Cloud Applications).
* Background in Life Science instrumentation, medical devices and analytical software a plus.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.