Infinera is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Senior Electrical/Optical Product Hardware Failure Analysis Engineer
Your Key Responsibilities Would Include:
- Perform detailed analysis of field and internal failures of sophisticated opto-electrical line cards to component level.
- Drive the root cause analysis and corrective action of customer found failures.
- Responsible for customer-facing failure analysis reports and communication.
- Provide product technical expertise and support to manufacturing and partners.
- Partner with engineering and operations to define and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Drive partners for root cause analysis and corrective action of failures.
- Responsible for customer-facing failure resolution.
- Work with designers to resolve failures and articulate them directly with internal teams.
- Oversee detailed data analysis methods to correlate customer failures with internal production data to help understand root cause, risk, and exposure.
- Define and implement improvement opportunities.
Education & Experience Necessary For Success:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering or other equivalent engineering field with minimum of 5+ years relevant experience
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering or other equivalent engineering field a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, customer communication, presentation, and structured problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of hardware failure analysis engineering requirements; including but not limited to:
Testing of complex optical telecommunication systems
Analog parametric testing and troubleshooting
Electrical circuit analysis
Hands-on experience with electrical and optical test instruments
Active and passive optical components
Writing customer presentable technical reports
- Demonstrated analytical skills using data driven approaches to solve quality and reliability issues
- Experience working with global cross-functional teams