Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Garden Grove, California
POSITION TITLE: MANUFACTURING COORDINATOR
OPERATOR LEVEL: L
EMPLOYEE TYPE: FULL TIME - HOURLY
DEPARTMENT NO.: 401
JOB CODE: 30AP03
PREPARED DATE: CEDRIC BRAY
APPROVED BY: CEDRIC BRAY
APPROVED DATE: 2/19/14
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Production Coordinator under minimal supervision provides direct technical support and answers inquiries from employees on set-ups, usage, technique, or maintenance of company manufacturing machines to ensure that the department is functioning according to established metrics. Sets up machines for the department; operates machines based on direction from the Manufacturing Supervisor. Assists in the development of and monitoring of production schedules for all jobs. Escalates issues as necessary to ensure that production plans meet production metric expectations.
1. Organize daily work schedules to include:
a. Update and review of daily production run to meet ESH and Throughput Targets
b. Order review
c. Manpower requirements based on machine load
d. Ensures inventory availability for the production area
2. Ensure 1st article inspections are completed as well as Jobs waiting Buy ins or Buy outs
3. Coordinate training plan for all employees. (e.g. establish and maintain employee training matrix and assist in the training and development of employees as required).
4. Ensure departmental safety and environmental practices and regulations are followed, which includes reporting and correcting unsafe work conditions, employee training, and accident investigation and reporting according to EHS policies and procedures.
5. Responsible for maintaining and documenting production equipment to quality specifications. Take action where required and follow up with Maintenance to ensure jobs are being worked on or complete
6. Conduct and document team meetings to include safety, quality, and production performance. (as required)
7. Responsible for improvement activities in the area which includes:
a. Maintenance of Metric Boards.
b. Performs 5S audits daily (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain)
c. Logging and resolving action items from Metric boards and 5S audits
d. Creation of action plans for any open items on the action registers (Kaizen Newspapers) Report any issues and request action if needed
e. Set up and maintenance of visual controls.
8. Perform time studies and update standard operation sheets (Ensure machines are Running to expected OEE levels and Setup times are inside or on track to expected time allocated)
9. Create and maintain strong employee morale by leading regular employee engagement activities, leading interactive communication, and treating all employees with fairness, consistency, dignity and respect.
10. Perform an Hourly walk the floor
a. List machines and record Status i.e Running, Setting, Waiting Lab or Buy in, Waiting Wire, Bar or Work, Operator present at machine or not (If No, give reason e g, Break, Toolroom etc)
b. Check and ensure that Operators are using any SPC or Data recording system set in place by Management or Quality
c. Make sure parts have been checked per internal procedures and results are properly recorded on the record sheets.
11. Update management and supervision on machine status and issues that need addressing by the following shift Example:
1. List machines that are running
2. Machines waiting on Lab, Buy in or Buy out
3. Machines that are on Setup
4. Machines that are Broken or stopping the plan (Also state if any action has been taken.and when the problem is expected to be resolved)
12 Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Certificate from a technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Working knowledge and experience in application of lean manufacturing principles and techniques
3. Understanding and ability to interpret procurement specification, drawing and other customer instructions
4. Be able to lead and supervise group of up to 40 employees
5. Thorough knowledge of the manufacturing and assembly processes in their areas of responsibility
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills
7. Intermediate MS Word and Excel skills
8. Knowledge of SYSPRO, Auto Time and other related machine automation software
1. Language: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to verbally communicate effectively.
2. Mathematical: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
3. Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common send understanding to carry out instructions provided in written, oral, or diagram form.
4. Ability to read & interpret blue prints.
5. Ability to read & interpret router instructions & specifications.
6. Properly use calipers, micrometers, and other gauge measuring tools.
7. Basic knowledge of shop math.
8. Performs inspection: visual and manual using the following comparators & microscopes.
9. Accurately enters data into computer program: Job Clock System.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.