Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). We are a team of dynamic individuals committed to developing life-saving drugs around the world. A mindset of innovation, accountability and customer focus inspires us to be the most efficient, safe and reliable choice for our customers and the patients they serve. In return, we offer challenging careers, accelerated professional growth and the opportunity to be part of something different.
The Director, Enterprise Applications is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by leading the enterprise applications team within the Information Technology group. The Director, Enterprise Applications develops and executes the strategic vision of globally harmonized enterprise applications and aligning the organization, systems and processes to successfully support the business. This position manages the development, configuration, testing, and maintenance of all enterprise applications software for Alcami globally. The Director, Enterprise Applications is responsible for the development and review of all SOPs and best practices relating to software lifecycle management. This position collaborates with business application owners and global organizations across the company to identify, develop and integrate enterprise applications in the areas of: Laboratory Management, Manufacturing, Drug Development, Biostatistics, Portfolio/Project Management, HR, CRM, Financial Information Systems, Knowledge Management, Client Service Tools and Productivity Applications that support the company s strategic and operational initiatives. The Director, Enterprise Applications provides a systematic and consistent methodology for systems testing, development and maintenance. The position requires superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in functional competencies included in this position profile.
* Develops and executes long range plans for applications software in support of the strategic goals and objectives for the company.
* Evaluates software used in companies being integrated into Alcami. Reviews computer systems validation documentation. Develops plans to migrate new offices onto company standard systems.
* Provides management and leadership for an Enterprise Applications Group consisting of application programmers, application systems administrators, and database managers.
* Leads the application design, development, test/validation, user support and maintenance of global software applications.
* Participates in workgroups for process improvements to recommend and implement technical changes to support new and re-engineered processes.
* Implements best practices in the discipline of software design and development.
* Manages vendors used for application development and maintenance and for SaaS applications.
* Partners with the CFO to determine budget for IT applications, total cost of ownership, and potential return-on-investment.
* Engages in short and long-term strategic planning for office technology solutions implemented.
* Engages in the development of the information technology strategic plan.
* Develops and implements SOPs governing the Systems Development Life Cycle within a cGMP regulated environment.
* Provides technical support and expertise on integrating new software with companies existing applications.
* Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
* Attracts, develops, and retains a high performing team to meet the current and evolving needs of the business through effective selection, training and development, coaching and mentoring and performance management.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor s degree in computer science, information sciences or related field and 10 years of equivalent work experience. Master s degree preferred.
* 5 years of application development and support experience in a global cGMP regulated environment.
* Prior experience leading teams required.
* Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal example.
* Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first culture.
* Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time right.
* Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and regulatory standards.
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
* Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand the why. Focuses on work that matters.
* Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for continuous learning.
* Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more efficient.
* Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to improve.
* Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to provide value.
* Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
* Expert knowledge of application development and support experience in a global cGMP regulated environment.
* Strong business acumen and ability to develop short and long-term strategic business plans.
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to present technical ideas to a wide variety of audiences, including non-technical staff and end users.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across the organization.
* Exceptional detail and results orientation in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities.
* Exceptional customer service orientation.
* Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
* Directly leads team of approximately 4-6 direct reports.
* Participates in the hiring process of other employees.
* Makes hiring decisions of other employees.
* Schedules and reviews the work of other employees.
* Ensures accuracy and relevance of assigned training curriculum.
* Drives timely completion of training for employees to meet regulatory requirements.
* Coaches, mentors and develops other employees.
* Prepares and delivers performance evaluations of other employees.
* Makes recommendation of disciplinary actions of other employees.
* Up to 30% travel required.
What We Offer You:
* Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
* Profit sharing bonus plan
* Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
* 401(k) with company match
* Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
* Voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness insurances
Diversity and Inclusion:
Alcami values diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, past or present military service,