Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Columbia City, Indiana
POSITION: Maintenance Technician
Columbia City, IN
JOB ID: 135
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Perform a wide variety of general maintenance functions including facilities maintenance, machine troubleshooting, and preventive maintenance. Apply knowledge of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, and metal fabrication to complete assigned job tasks. Performs maintenance job tasks with a high degree of attention to safety and maintenance best practices. The position will allow a maintenance person to develop through working with experienced maintenance technicians for on-the-job training and to complete formal training, as applicable.
Benefits of position include day shift, typical four 10-hour days per week, 4 weeks of vacation per year, and 12 paid holidays per year.
* Associates Degree in Technology, Technical Certificate, or Maintenance/Technical Experience in Military
* Basic understanding of electricity
* Periodic inter-plant travel
* Ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens.
* Solid mechanical aptitude, and proficient problem-solving abilities
* Capable of operating various types of maintenance tools and equipment
* Practical experience with facilities maintenance, machine troubleshooting, and preventive maintenance
* Basic plumbing, carpentry, and metal fabrication (welding) skills
* Forklift and aerial lift experience
* Ability to work in a team environment, to lead the team when necessary, and to take initiative
* Eagerness for self-development as a maintenance person.
* Able to work on multiple tasks, to make decisions about priorities, and to adjust to changing priorities
* Physically capable of performing all maintenance functions - includes ability to climb, to work beneath machines, and in close quarters
* Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
* Normal color vision and finger dexterity
USSI is a trusted supplier of active and passive sonobuoys; advanced autonomous sensor systems; acoustic hailing and voice projection equipment. It also designs and manufactures portable power solutions in the 50W - 300W range. Its solid oxide fuel cells run on propane and provide more power in less space than competing technologies.
Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security, energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
Ultra Electronics is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V. Ultra Electronics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or gender identity. In addition to federal law requirements, Ultra Electronics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please email email@example.com