Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Ramon, California
Requisition ID # 16373
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology and Supply Chain
Job Location : San Ramon
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, TOGETHER, BUILDING A BETTER CALIFORNIA is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
PG&E's Information Technology (IT) organization is comprised of various unified departments which collaborate effectively to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The ECM (Enterprise Content management) Team is an enterprise team that is responsible for working collaboratively with all the lines of business (e.g., Gas Operations, Electric Operations, etc.) to implement consumer grade content and records management solutions across various user groups (e.g., field users, office workers, etc.).
This includes, but is not limited to:
* Deploying best-in-class / rapid delivery capability for content management solutions
* Simplifying, improving, and standardizing business work management processes for content and records management
* Responding and Delivering for compliance and regulatory asks.
* Configuring and customizing web-based solutions
* Working with Records group to develop and enforce governance in Records management.
* Work with other IT teams to integrate and provide content and record management services
ECM consists of a staff of highly skilled professionals working together to produce solutions, primarily using the waterfall methodology with some agile elements where applicable. We work within IT as a cohesive, driven and creative development team. We take the time to understand our partners' needs and translate those into solutions that delight our users. Our goal is to deliver products with intuitive user experience that will improve PG&E employees' and customer's safety, productivity and overall well-being. We work in off shelf technologies like Documentum, SharePoint, FileNet and custom solutions built on Spring, Angular, Bootstrap, Swagger.
Expert Computer Systems Analyst Programmer will report to ECM technical Supervisor and will be a member of the ECM technical team. ECM technical team designs and builds content management solutions for the enterprise working closely with Business analyst, architecture, testing and operations teams. Solutions are primarily built on Documentum and SharePoint platforms, configuring the off the shelf UI and/or developing UI from ground up. In this role the ideal candidate will be able to hit the road running as a technical lead assuming full accountability of delivering technical solutions for projects.
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience and/or field of study
* Minimum 7 years of programming experience
* Minimum 7 years of Extensive experience with Java, J2EE Technologies, MVC Architecture, microservices architecture
* Strong knowledge of enterprise content management in Documentum and SharePoint
* Proven experience in leading and delivering projects on Documentum, SharePoint
* 5-7 years of experience with building SOAP and RESTful Services/APIs
* 3-5 years of experience in Angular and React
* Proficient in relational DB(Oracle/MSSQL), schemas and model designs throughout the working experience
* 5-7 years of experience in building and deploying API-centric complex web applications
* 3-5 years of experience in using Jira, GIT, Maven, Splunk, Jenkins and other tools for continues integration, TDD and DevOps
* Expert understanding of software, how it works and how it often breaks
* Experience in identifying, isolating and resolving performance problems in systems.
* Multiple programming languages experience
* Creative problem solving; independent (and team!) thinking
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Lead development teams
* Fearlessly self-driven
* Exposure to iOS development a plus
* AWS or other cloud-based platform experience (Azure, Google, etc.)
* Exposure to AI platforms like IBM Watson
* Knowledge of virtualization approaches (VMs, docker, etc.)
* Experience with back-end testing in a continuous integration environment, using TDD, Jenkins, testing frameworks
* Experience working with NoSQL DB
* experience in working in an Agile team environment
* Experience working on Captiva or other scanning/capture technologies
* Provide Technical though leadership for project team cross functional technical teams
* Accountable to complete technical solutions delivery of a project end to end
* Understand business requirements and applies them to design and build/configure complicated or complex systems
* Outside the box thinking to apply technical efficiencies in business and technical process
* Develop design and execution plans for technical solutions based on solution blue prints and assign developers
* Track and follow up on execution plans using tools like Jira, Teams, conduct stand ups
* Apply critical thinking on requirements, solution blueprints, test strategy and provide adequate feedback to the respective teams
* Follow and collaborate on existing Application Development Frameworks and Coding Standards
* Contribute towards IT Delivery Methodology, both waterfall and agile
* Evaluate changes to systems and assesses impact to users
* Will oversee, mentor, and provide guidance to senior and junior developers
* Collaborate with Project Manager on complex project timelines, identifying critical path tasks, resource assignments, work estimation, identifying risks, and dependencies
* Lead complex system modifications, resolving application programming analysis problems, seeking guidance from Supervisors, experts or principals as needed
* Interface with other technical teams in designing and building integrations
* Will work with Operations team delivering knowledge transfers and detailed documentations on new software widgets that are built and deployed to Production
* Participate in peer design reviews and provide feedback
* Work with managed services onsite and offshore for additional development resource capacity
Work Location: San Ramon Office