Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Downers Grove, Illinois
OVERVIEW: Advanced Resources is partnered with a large organization located in the Naperville Area who is currently in search for a Garnishment Specialist! The position is responsible for collecting, reviewing and analyzing payroll information to effectively administer child support, state and federal tax levies and creditor garnishments.
COMPENSATION: $40,000 - $50,000
* Transmit to vendor (ADP) any correspondences from CT Corp, US mail in a timely manner
* Processes court ordered wage garnishments, including child support, student loans, wage assignments, bankruptcy orders, state and federal tax levies
* Collects and maintains electronic files for all withholding orders
* Audit wage garnishment orders in our payroll system accurately and in a timely manner
* Ensures and audits payroll deduction reports are run timely and are accurate and in compliance with laws
* Ensures all garnishment payments are accurate and in compliance with withholding orders and the laws
* Researches and responds to inquiries from employees, courts, state and federal agencies and others regarding garnishment orders
* Audit bi weekly reports to ensure refunds are issued promptly
* Provides progress reports to Payroll Supervisor
* Maintains confidentiality of all Client and employee information
* 1+ years' experience in payroll processing/garnishments
* Experience with ADP Smart Compliance and Oracle payroll system
* Knowledge of wage assignment and child support laws
* Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* FCP preferred
Advanced Resources is a talent solutions organization headquartered in Chicago providing staffing, consulting, and workforce solutions nationwide. Our goal is to help people move their careers forward and help businesses solve their most complex challenges. Thanks to our commitment to providing an exceptional experience for both our clients and talent, we are a perennial winner of the prestigious Best of Staffing(R) Diamond Award. By placing our team, clients, and talent first, every day we make a difference.
Advanced Resources is part of the Advanced Group, a talent acquisition and management, consulting, outsourcing, and professional services organization.
It is Advanced Group's practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.