Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: East Chicago, Indiana
ArcelorMittal USA is part of ArcelorMittal, the world s leading steel and mining company. Guided by a philosophy to produce safe, sustainable steel, we are a leading supplier of quality steel products in major North American markets including automotive, construction, pipe and tube, appliance, container and machinery. ArcelorMittal USA employs more than 18,000 people at 26 operations across the United States.
The company is looking to recruit and hire the best future leaders in Supply Chain Management as ArcelorMittal continues to grow. There is an immediate opportunity for an ANALYST in our SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT Corporate Planning and Analysis department.
Our objective is to provide opportunities for professional growth while maintaining work-life balance. We are looking for an individual who is committed to contribute to goal achievement in a positive and proactive working environment. The ANALYST will work with Commercial and Plant Planning groups to understand changing supply and changing demands to maximize billings and customer delivery performance, taking into account cost implications of decisions. Responsibilities for the position include the following:
* Plan and manage the loading of orders onto ArcelorMittal USA facilities
* Allocate orders to production units in SAP based on desired facility, customer desire date, location, capabilities, customer restrictions, and unit booking capacity targets
* Daily reporting of unit loads by week relative to booking targets
* Track day-over-day changes and work with IT to troubleshoot data issues
* During supply events, coordinate the timing and magnitude of booking capacity reductions with Plant Planning and Commercial
* During demand increases, coordinate capacity increases with Plant Planning if possible or work with Commercial to identify orders that need to be pushed to future time frames
* Manage Non-Castable allocation process to ensure plant agreement on date of allocation for Non-Castable orders
* Tracking of and continuous process improvement for allocation process metrics (Delivery Setup, Allocation cycle time, etc.)
* Weekly meeting with Commercial in Downtown Chicago office to report on loading of units and position to bookings target, discuss production plan variances, and the implications on future booking capacity
* Coordinate managed part transfers with corporate quality, tech service, plant quality, plant planning, product control, CIM, customer service, and account sales
* Other ad hoc duties as requested
* Bachelor s degree in business related field
* Ability to communicate in a professional manner to higher levels of the organization in person, by phone, and in email
* Ability to quickly engage and coordinate discussion to make an informed and thoughtful decision
* Ability to grab and format available data to explain, support, and sell your decisions
* Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management
* Ability to write SQL or use Access to acquire data needed in decision making
* Ability to actively engage in project teams to help support continuous improvement
* Steel/Manufacturing planning or scheduling experience
* SAP experience
If a candidate needs an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, he or she may call 312-899-3097, or email CandidateRequest-USA@arcelormittal.com to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
ArcelorMittal is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics..