Posted in Other 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Milpitas, California
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
The vision of KLA-Tencor s global human resources organization is to become a leader and partner to operating leadership in support of the company s efforts to achieve its strategic growth, customer and operating objectives through strategic talent management. Our mission is to enable the business, and leverage human resources to achieve short and long-term business objectives. Our primary areas of strategic focus include talent acquisition, individual and organizational assessment and development, performance management, inclusion and engagement, and rewards.
The global HR organization includes HR business partners, learning and development, talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, employee communications, and HR system operations.
Working in the Global Talent Acquisition group, the Global Mobility Specialist will report to the Global Mobility Senior Manager and provide administrative support in the areas of US and global immigration, relocation, project management, business travelers program, international assignments, compliance and global mobility projects. In this hands-on role, you will follow company procedures in initiating, monitoring progress and tracking international assignment, business travel, immigration and relocation cases.
The individual will primarily work during US office hours but due to the global aspect of the job, the individual may be required to report to work for meetings or conference calls early in the morning 7am US PST or participate remotely in conference calls during some evenings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Working closely with the Global Mobility Senior Manager in the implementation of global mobility projects, provide support with project management, task coordination, follow up and securing completion. Current projects are implementation of immigration services globally and implementation of a company-wide international business traveler tracking tool.
* Interfacing with various stakeholders in order to coordinate projects that include all aspects of project planning and target date execution
* Compiling data and conducting data analysis related to global mobility projects
* Perform various administrative and functional tasks such as creating and maintaining project documents and schedules, creating meeting agendas, ensuring that team members and other contributors are on schedule and compiling summaries for all those who are involved, setting up meetings.
* Monitoring the business travel immigration mailbox for incoming requests and ensure that cases are being handled promptly
* Working with the Global Mobility Senior Manager, suppliers and other stakeholders on US and global immigration, relocation, international assignments and business travel cases
* Conducting candidate's immigration screenings, request relocation estimate from supplier and review for accuracy
* Creating invitation letters
* Requesting deemed export screenings
* Working with external counsel on preparation of employment based green card cases and handling routine green card tasks such as postings, advertisements, and educating manager and employees on the process
* Participating in meetings
* Maintaining I-9 forms for foreign nationals
* Maintaining files for immigration, relocation, international assignments and business travel cases
* Recordkeeping, tracking and reporting
* Stay abreast of US and Global immigration updates and trends in order to benchmark and develop alternative solutions to immigration challenges
* Track visas and permanent residency application statuses and prepare activity reports
* Proactively monitor the progress of immigration, relocation, international assignments and business travel cases and communicate with the appropriate stakeholder regarding the status of the cases
* Work closely with outside immigration counsel on all work authorization and immigration cases to ensure timely processing and issue resolution. Also, work closely with relocation, international assignment, relocation, business travel, and other suppliers.
* Provide excellent customer service and maintain high standards for all work performed
* Provide backup support in other miscellaneous projects and tasks related to immigration, relocation, international assignments, business travel and global mobility program
* Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 2 years of work experience in global mobility or immigration.
* Prior experience in US and global (Europe and APAC) immigration working in a corporate environment at a multinational company, relocation, project management, international assignment administration and business travel program
* Knowledge of both US non-immigrant visas and employment based green card regulations
* Knowledge of I-9 US employment eligibility regulations
* Demonstrated success in prioritizing and organizing multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
* Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* High proficiency in MSWord, Excel (VlookUp, Pivot tables, etc.), PowerPoint, Visio, MSOutlook
* Self-motivated, proactive, team player, resourceful individual must enjoy working in a dynamic and fast pace environment and conducting detailed administrative work with accurate results
* Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work effectively in an environment with competing demands.
* Works with a high sense of urgency
* Ability to remain flexible within a highly dynamic changing environment and still deliver on deadlines.
* Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in handling telephone calls and emails, routing them to others or dealing with them on own initiative when appropriate
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 2 years of work experience or equivalent.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.