Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Job Code: 06240-62193
Days (rotating weekends)
ST. DAVID S ROUND ROCK MEDICAL CENTER PROVIDES COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH CARE TO RESIDENTS OF WILLIAMSON AND SURROUNDING COUNTIES. AS A LEADER IN THE REGION, ST. DAVID S ROUND ROCK MEDICAL CENTER PROVIDES LEADING-EDGE CARE IN CARDIAC SERVICES, EMERGENCY & TRAUMA, SURGICAL SERVICES, ORTHOPEDICS & JOINT REPLACEMENT, ST. DAVID\'S NEUROSCIENCE & SPINE INSTITUTE AND REHABILITATION.
MAGNET PATHWAYS DESIGNATED
MALCOLM BALDRIGE AWARD RECIPIENT
100 TOP HOSPITALS, THOMSON REUTERS (2012)
TEXAS TEN STEP FACILITY
The Patient Care Technician performs a variety of basic care services related to activities of daily living under the direct supervision of a registered nurse (RN) and/or licensed vocational nurse (LVN). The Patient Care Technician assists the nursing staff in providing patient care according to hospital policies and procedures. The Patient Care Technician accepts assignments on other units when necessary. The Patient Care Technician assists in maintaining a clean, well organized and adequately stocked patient care unit.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs direct patient care:
* Participates in providing direct care as directed, according to standards
* Can work with people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds
* Communicates all findings in the correct/concise/clear written and or verbal format
* Can recognize abnormal findings ie VS, Skin changes, I&O, etc. and report findings to the nurse
* Can recognize and respond appropriately in an emergency situation
* Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age-specific needs
Performs indirect patient care:
* Can perform skills to support direct care
* Can organize, set priorities and manage multiple priorities
* Can adjust to a rapidly changing work environment
* Can maintain a clean, well organized and adequately stocked patient care area
* Maintains equipment in good working order
* Submits requests for repair appropriately
* Uses and charges supplies appropriately
* Can input physician orders
* Can operate the patient call system
* Answers and transfers phone calls. Break down and/or copies charts/forms as needed
* Acts as an orientation preceptor for new and cross-training PCT I and PCT II employees
* Have knowledge of limited role of medication security, handling, storage and transport of non-narcotic medications under the approval and direction of a supervisor
Participates in the plan of care:
* Is familiar with the plan of care
* Can follow instructions for the care performed
* Communicates to the registered nurse and licensed vocational nurse any data appropriate to the plan of care
Technical skills: (as required by facility/unit/dept.)
* Phlebotomy for lab specimens, blood cultures
* Nasopharyngeal suctioning
* Foley catheterization, catheter care and removal.
* Bladder scanner
* Irrigations (non-medicated) eyes and ears.
* Nasal swabs
* Assists with surgical aseptic/sterile procedures maintaining sterile/aseptic technique
* Assist with set up of equipment as needed
* Application and adjustment of CPM & SCM, TED hoses; application of Buck's traction
* Set up for Telemetry, monitoring EKG rhythm strips, obtain 12 lead EKG
* Orthopedic splinting
* Emergency: participates CPR and Dr. Leo, crash cart and pediatric equipment location
* Assist with postmortem care
* Completes unit specific competency and age-specific competency requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), or Completion of 1st semester nursing program, or Previous experience as a PCT II, NA, or CA; minimum of 1 year experience in the hospital setting as a nursing assistant or PCT.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Required: BLS certification
Preferred: Certified Nurses Assistant certification
High School Diploma/GED
Last Edited: 02/12/2019
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.