Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Job Code: 03192-77852
Days (rotating weekends)
Title: Registered Nurse
Department: Northeast Free Standing Emergency Department
Hospital: Northeast Free Standing Emergency Department
Address: 12793 Holly Street Thornton, CO 80241
Northeast ER in Thornton
Whether you have a minor injury, such as a sprain or fracture, or a more severe and life threatening illness related to a stroke or heart attack, our nurses and doctors at the Northeast ER are ready to care for the whole family.
Some of our ER Highlights Include:
* Board-Certified doctors, specialists and nurses trained in critical care and emergency care
* Dedicated trauma/resuscitation room
* 10 private patient rooms with two rooms devoted to pediatric care
* On-site imaging services, including CT, ultrasound, digital X-ray
* Full-service laboratory
* Telemedicine camera for patient consultations by physician specialist
* Helipad to provide additional rapid transport
POSITION SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills in providing age appropriate care to his/her patients based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient. The Registered Nurse may rotate to other areas other than his/her normally assigned service area/s, and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency. The Registered Nurse performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery at NSMC/FSED. The Registered Nurse displays positive support for NSMC/FSED as well as the entire HealthONE organization.
* Training and Professional Development
* Tuition Reimbursement
* 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
* Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
About us: HCA- Click to learn more
* Founded in 1968 with the guiding mission of being committed to the care and improvement of human life.
* 240,000+ employees
* 250+ locations in 20 states and England
* A Top 100 Healthcare Provider Fortune Magazine
* Named a World s Most Ethical Company 9 years running
* HCA strengthens the communities we serve averaging 30,000+ volunteer hours annually along with millions of dollars in financial contributions.
INTRODUCING our harmonizing mission, vision, values and standards of behavior
The Continental Division of HCA has adopted a shared mission, vision, values and standards of behavior that brings out the best in us individually and collectively.
We offer these as principles for all of us to live by every day, use in all our decisions, and to guide our daily behavior.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
To bring extraordinary healing, to all human beings.
Integrity Doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
Compassion Be appreciative to the needs of others and sympathize with their situation.
Accountability - Take ownership for how actions impact outcomes.
Respect Value others and accept diversity.
Excellence Take personal pride in exceeding expectations.
* Current Registered Nurse license in the State of Colorado(May work with a current RN compact license from another state for the 1st 90 days of employment).
* Current BCLS, ACLS, & PALS required.
* Board Certification in Emergency Nursing (CEN), TNCC, NRP & ENPC preferred.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing; BSN desirable.
EXPERIENCE: 2 years acute care Emergency Department nursing experience required.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Demonstrates good organizational skills. Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice at NSMC. Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: Under supervision of / Director/ Designee.
Last Edited: 02/13/2019
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.