Posted in Compliance 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
The City of Fort Worth is the 15th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
Senior Code Compliance Officer Pay Range From 21.50
Pay Range To 26.87
Closing Date 4/3/19
The Code Compliance Department Neighborhood Investigations Division is seeking to hire a qualified applicant for the position of Senior Code Compliance Officer for Neighborhood Investigation Team. To lead, assign, review and participate in the more complex field staff assignments within the Code Compliance Department. Acts as team leader within a field staff unit and/or perform specialized duties of a more complex nature within the department. Provides a leadership role in the investigation of complaints and enforcement of municipal codes and zoning ordinances. However, lead assignments may include cross-departmental responsibilities. Regular work schedule is Monday Friday and will be assigned a rotating Saturday schedule.
This position is a lead role within the department and is responsible for obtaining administrative search warrants in conjunction with property abatements within the City of Fort Worth. This contributes to the City s vision of the most livable and best managed city in the country .
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Lead, plan and participate in the work of code compliance department staff assigned to investigate complaints, perform inspections and facilitate abatements.
* Review the work of field staff for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques and compliance with applicable standards and specifications.
* Interact frequently with customers and other stakeholders to facilitate resolution to complaints and violations.
* Perform more complex inspection and investigation duties such as securing and serving administrative search warrants and filing administrative property liens for proper reimbursement.
* Work with third party contractors to secure and demolish property.
* Prepare activity or summary reports specific to team productivity, complex cases or other special assignments.
* Participate in quality assurance, training and other initiatives aimed at ensuring consistent and appropriate enforcement actions.
* Serve as the go-to person for lower level code officers in the absence of the assigned supervisor.
* Plans, coordinates and implements inspection duties for team members in assigned areas. Plans and performs inspections in coordination with other officers for commercial/private property inspections.
* Reviews and inspects cases and properties in violation of the nuisance ordinance. Researches property ownership and issues final nuisance abatement notices.
* Prepares and presents cases for nuisance abatement orders; enforce nuisance abatement orders by way of administrative search warrant through community service crews or city contractors; prepares and initiates the lien process on properties.
* Prepares cases preparing work orders, cost estimates, assigning work to contractors, inspect contractor work, receiving and begin process for payment of invoices, and prepares and executes search warrants.
* State and federal laws associated contractor bid process, laws pertaining to search warrants.
* City and state nuisance ordinances and laws.
* Legal due process in reference to property ownership.
* Request and enforcement of administrative search warrants and court orders.
* Planning, preparing and scheduling of work orders for community service crews and city contractors.
* Department computer software and systems.
* Courtroom procedures.
* Conducting inspections.
High School Diploma, or GED supplemented by specialized training in code enforcement, building codes, zoning regulations or a related field And three years of increasingly responsible experience enforcing municipal ordinances and codes, or related experience depending on assignment.
Valid Texas Driver s License.
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a State of Texas Code Enforcement Officer Certificate within 3 months of the date of hire.
Preference will be given to:
* Candidates who have a higher level of education (greater than HS/GED);
* Experience and/or knowledge of obtaining warrants;
* Computer experience with working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
* Public presentation experience;
* Dispute resolution experience;
* Extensive customer service experience handling escalated customer complaints;
* Experience leading/mentoring a work group;
* Ability to monitor departmental benchmarks; and
* Ability to gather information and prepare departmental monthly reports.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.
2016 City of Fort Worth, Texas