Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
The purpose of the senior HR Generalist is to provide assistance in the execution of the Human Resource programs on a site/department or function. This role requires in-depth knowledge and experience. The incumbent uses knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve HR services. Typically resolves problems using existing solutions. Works independently; receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Key deliverables include effective employee relations, recruiting, training system management, and organizational development and community relations. Facilitates implementation and execution of Human Resource policies, initiatives, processes and programs. Coaching and counseling to line management personnel
• Ensure that all human resources policies, programs, and practices on site are in line with the regional / global guidelines
• Plan, organize and assist in the implementation of human resources operational initiatives and projects
• Managing day-to-day HR responsibilities including providing consistent feedback to employee questions and concerns
• Conducts investigations as necessary regarding employee complaints, working conditions, disciplinary actions
• Provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to departmental officials and individuals
• Manage employee activities and community relations
• Lead recruitment efforts for regular, full-time and temporary employees by coordinating the proper and timely approval of personnel requisitions
• Development/update of position descriptions, and communication (internal and external) regarding Lonza employment opportunities
• Review and screen all resumes
• Recommend for management review qualified applicants and coordinate development of the interview team and associated logistics.
• Initiate and ensure proper documentation associated with background/reference checking, pre-employment physicals, relocation authorizations, etc.
• Conduct routine reference checks
• Draft employment offer recommendations and authorization letters (if applicable)
• Manage new employee onboarding process
• Develops annual training plan for all employee training requirements.
• Responsible for developing site Affirmative Action Plans
• Coordinate HR Administrative duties and responsibilities with the HR Service Center
• Champions and leads performance management processes
• Identify the required Compensation & Benefits levels to ensure competitiveness
Required Qualification (Education/Experience):
• Bachelor degree in organizational development, HR, psychology and business admin desirable
• Advanced years of progressive experience in HR or equivalent experience
• Knowledge in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training and labor relations
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Analytical skills
• High level of integrity and ethics
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.