The Project Design Technician is accountable for project design operations within the department and supporting the field sales and technical activities of the Company. The Project Design Technician reports directly to the Technical Services Manager.
1. Provide technical support and oversee information system elements including:
Day-to-day technical support for field sales and field technical personnel
Training as needed for other inside tech personnel (product information, application, etc.)
Maintenance or creation of the following technical support literature:
Parapro 123 Flashing System and Parapro Roofing Installer's Guide
Terapro Waterproofing & Surfacing System Installer's Guide
Terapro Waterproofing System Details
Parapro Flashing Details
Commercial Product Data Sheets for Parapro, Terapro, and other PMMA liquid-applied products.
Specifications and details for product use for Parapro, Terapro, and other PMMA liquid-applied products.
2. Secondary "point person" (behind 2 persons designated as "primary") for incoming technical calls and inquiries.
3. Direct Management of the Siplast Specification Program including:
Production of customer specifications requested by internal and external customers
Development of future capabilities of the program
4. Review roof designer specifications and details for Siplast basis of design projects and provide approvals, recommendations and guidelines as appropriate and according to company requirements
5. Siplast Applications for Roof Guarantee (and other guarantee types offered by Siplast)
Review and approve submitted applications for select districts
Enter approval data in the Siplast Job File Database system for workflow processing
Evaluate Dallas Tech assignments for review and approval by district, and revise as appropriate
Report on activity related to performance standards
Further development of the program
6. Review, edit, and approve field activity reports drafted by Siplast field technical personnel for outside distribution
7. Review and determine eligibility of special projects for wind damage guarantees:
Evaluate building and roof construction design and details
Calculate wind load data for all roof zones
Determine Siplast roof constructions which will meet wind loading criteria based on company policy and procedures
Confirm management approval and document the process
8. Occasional substitute for other inside tech team members, as designated, during absences from work (i.e., vacations, personal days, etc.).
9. Assist with developing action plans for product management projects and technical support continuous improvement
10. Other duties and special projects, as assigned by manager
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
1. Bachelor's degree in civil engineering preferred, but not required with extensive Siplast (or comparable) work experience
2. Comprehensive overall knowledge of roofing technology including deck design, substrate materials, and membrane technology, and other related areas.
3. Ability to learn, retain, and apply Siplast product knowledge, technical information, policies, and practices, in daily job functions.
4. RRC (Registered Roof Consultant) certification preferred, but not required.
5. RRO (Registered Roof Observer) certification preferred, but not required.
6. Strong service and communication skills including:
Discipline to continuously maintain several operational activities at once
Communication style flexibility for dealing with a variety of customer types
7. Extensive knowledge and proven ability with MS Office (Word & Excel)
8. Functional knowledge of AutoCAD and Adobe Illustrator in order to perform rudimentary functions.
9. Extensive knowledge of Siplast Roofing, Siplast Waterproofing and Insulation Systems technology and design, as well as policies, procedures, etc. a plus.
10. Moderate experience with hand drafting and sketching.
Must be able to work in a sitting position for extended periods of time.
Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, and files.
Manual dexterity to perform data entry functions.
Ability to bend, pull, and reach to perform filing functions.
Ability to hear and speak on the phone.
Ability to climb stairs and ladders, occasionally work outdoors, and work with heights to participate in training activities, perform occasional roof inspections and demonstrate roof applications
Ability to occasionally lift up to 80 lbs. (file boxes/furniture moves, lifting products, etc. for training & demos)
At Siplast, we believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, and vacation package for all full-time permanent positions. Siplast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer-sponsored visa (work permit).
If you are an internal employee, please do not apply here. Please click on the Careers bubble in Workday, which can be accessed via the HR Portal.