Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
FOR US, IT\'S A MISSION
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the world's 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing what's right, not what's easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products, to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Here's how this role will help:
* Assist with preparation of palatable and appetizing meals. Assist in the set up and tear down process for catering of business functions.
* Handle and prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations.
* Compile orders from steam table and serve customers.
* Take la carte orders from customer and cook food requiring short preparation time according to customer requirements.
* Assist the Executive Chef and Sous Chef in the preparation of all meals.
* Assist in the cafeteria prep lists to ensure daily par levels are met.
* Serve as a back up to the Cashier and Dishwasher when deemed necessary.
* Assist in the check in and stocking of all vendor deliveries. Ensure inventory control and stocking the front of the cafeteria.
* Keep kitchen clean and organized.
MAKE OUR VALUES YOUR VALUES
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
* Minimum of a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 0-2 years of culinary experience. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
* Must possess knowledge of customer service, basic cash handling, and culinary knowledge is required.
* Must possess good written and oral communications skills and interpersonal skills. Must possess basic cooking skills.
* Ability to read and interpret general business documents. Ability to write routine reports and general business correspondence. Ability to work with peers and communicate basic concepts.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
* Ability to solve practical problems through standardized solutions that require limited judgment. Ability to follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve routine problems.
* May be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, and climb steps. May require use of hands and use of arms. Medium lifting requirements.
* Normal kitchen environment. Regular exposure to moving machinery and/or vehicles. Regular exposure to radiant or electrical energy. Moderate noise.
* Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is preferred.
If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 35,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Job Posting: May 16, 2019, 6:21:51 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing.