Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Title: Writer and Proofreader - Technical/Marketing Collateral
Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 months, extendable.
Part Time hours - 20 to 30 hours a week
Partial remote available
Our client's Creative Strategy and Digital Marketing team is looking for a part-time technical writer and proofreader to join the team.
* Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
* May be responsible for coordinating the display of graphics and the production of the document.
* Typically requires a bachelor's degree in a related area and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
* Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
* A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
* The selected candidate will work with a cross-channel team of writers, designers, web designers, and multimedia designers.
* The proofreader will review nearly all jobs for grammar, style, spelling, punctuation, basic layout consistency and correct legal lines and footnotes.
* The candidate should have a strong writing background in US English with a particular attention to detail.
* Prior experience as a proofreader or editor is *required*.
* Proofing needs vary seasonally, but are generally 6-10 hours per week. Turnaround time needed... 80% next day, 15% same day, 5% within the hour.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the Company ) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.