Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
General Clerk III, Lakewood, CO (ID#14863)
The National Park Service (NPS) of the Department of the Interior (DOI), our client, preserves unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the National Park System for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations. From the northern peaks of the Rocky Mountains all the way to the southern Chihuahuan Desert, the Intermountain Region includes 85 park units within eight states of the American West. The region spans Arizona, Colorado, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming making the size of the Intermountain region larger than the size of the Louisiana Purchase of 1803. With around 11.2 million acres of public land, the Intermountain Region hosts over 57 million visitors annually. The Intermountain Regional (IMR) Office is located in Lakewood, Colorado. We are looking for Administrative Support, to help support program management efforts at NPS IMR.
For more company information, visit our site at www.cherokee-cnsp.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides administrative support services for staff within the directorate and occasionally for other regional divisions or when interacting with parks.
* Responsible for timekeeping, processing personnel actions, maintaining contact information, and other related human resources activities for the directorate.
* Responsible for coordination of or assistance with completing travel arrangements according to established guidelines, regulations, and policies.
* Provides assistance with budget related activities such as expenditure tracking and processing of staff charge card statements according to established procedures.
* Receptionist for directorate staff and assistance coordinating internal and external meetings, contact lists, email distribution lists and messaging to staff and parks.
* Assistance managing meetings, presentations, and schedules for directorate leadership.
* Maintains personal property and equipment inventory including tracking and excessing of property for directorate staff.
* Responsible for preparing and process official correspondence ensuring formatting, spelling and grammatical accuracy. Ensures file retention policies are followed.
* Assists program managers with data entry, tracking and form processing as needed.
* On the basis of knowledge of the projects or operations, personally takes care of matters and questions including answering substantive questions not requiring technical knowledge.
* Perform other job related duties as required.
* No management of others or supervisory roles.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Minimum Education: Associates degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* Minimum Experience: 3 years related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Proficiency in Windows based PC-compatible computers, general office equipment, MS Office Suite, the Internet, and databases.
* Knowledge of office management principles, practices, and procedures, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must be an effective team worker with excellent interpersonal communications skills.
* Office environment inside of a federally secured facility
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.